GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I am trying to determine if the unit in my equinox is capable of receiving the traffic data from Sirius or if I can only use the Nav Traffic from OnStar. From what I've read it will receive it if its a 3.5 IOU/IOT/IOS or 3.0 IOR. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
May I ask where you found that info? I'd like to investigate further. I have traffic from Sirius on my other car and it's only $2/month.

I apparently have the IOT per a post I found on a different forum:

"IOT Audio system, 8" diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation, includes multi-touch display, AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phones, advanced voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, personalized profiles for infotainment and vehicle settings. Includes greater memory. "

But I do not know which version. This is a 2020 Premier with Premium audio and Nav.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2018 with the same system. For the first 3 months I had traffic on the Navigation, then it disappeared. Then at 6 months, when the Onstar package was up and I renewed, it came back. When I called Onstar after 3 months to find out where the traffic was, it was a gong show, they asked me to call XM. Turned out that Onstar has an extended service that provides all the little features like traffic, fuel prices when you are low on fuel etc. But no one at Onstar knew that it was there. Its just in the package! So it's Onstar, not XM that provides the traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts