GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So last Tuesday we picked the car back up. Wednesday we took a short trip for lunch. After eating then driving a half mile down the road. It thru the codes again. Here is what I saw on the screen: Service safety restraint system, theft deterrent, tire monitor, front camera, park assist, side detection, suspension and low fuel. Also these lights came on: traction light, fuel,
tire pressure and air bag. And the speedometer and tachometer did not registered. After 2 miles it returned to normal.
So we took it back to the shop without shutting it off. Again they could not find the problem. So they asked if the mechanic could Drive it home with the computer hooked up to it.
So while driving it, it thru the codes so they had somewhere to look. They also called the regional service tech who told the to change the GATEWAY MODULE and if that didn't work change out the instrument cluster.
Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling that they know what they are doing.
So we are waiting on the parts to come and the mechanic is on vacation this week.

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
Except for the inconvenience, at least it is not your money !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's all fine and good, but I am paying for a vehicle that I can not drive safely for a month now

·
Registered
10,115 Posts
I assume they are giving you a loaner, so you are not putting any miles on your car. Hopefully they are providing you with one that is as good, or better than your current ride. But, yes, i feel your pain.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would insist on a loaner...purchased or not you have a new car that's BS

·
Registered
35 Posts
See if you can get the process started of getting a replacement. Not sure what your laws are. You just bought it and haven’t driven it that long. I had my engine light go on in like the 3rd day so I know it sucks. I was looking at mine the other day and I have a oil leak. :mad: Already read there is a bulletin on this issue. So done with this vehicle already after a year but think I’m going to wait till the power train warranty is out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
We have had the car back for just over a week and a half. They replaced the gate way module. Everything seems back to normal.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I can't believe they didn't give you a loaner. That's a shock. I'd cross that outfit off my list for sure.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts