GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I could not believe they spent 3 billion building the Saturn too scrap it. Everybody I know love their Saturn, and they were previous 98 owners. GM does some dub things.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Corporations do it all the time, if it costs more to keep something over a given period of time then it becomes a bean counter decision. GM did this with the diesel as well. Auto analysts think that GM will soon be in a fight for its share more than it is. Their suggestions include dropping another Car line, not Chevrolet as its the only division with a complete lineup, not Buick as the Chinese are in love with it, Cadillac even money, but in reality GMC would be the most logical as it is the smallest division and its true reason for being is no longer there, making larger trucks such as the t6500 and 7500 and 8500. As for the Diesel this would only be the start, I would not give the 3.0 a long time either and even the big Duramax will be reserved for fleets and those that can afford it even more than it is now. About 50 percent of the class 6 truck fleet in Canada (single axle straight trucks) are switching to Gasoline engines. The pollution controls and the unreliablility of the pollution parts of the Diesel engine is killing the profits of those who need their wheels turning.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts