GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I used the K&N intake for the Malibu 2.0 turbo and added a 45 degree coupler and made a custom connection , also altered the heat shield a little . This intake sounds great and with the trifecta tune I feel a nice little increase in the butt hp meter lol
I have a 2.0 malibu intake handy and I'd like to throw it on my nox
What is the coupler diameter?

· Registered
1 Posts
Wrong. The hot air, aka K&N, goes directly to your turbo inlet. Turbo outlet routes to intercooler that feeds 'cool air' to the intake manifold.

You may gain a few hp by using a cone filter, but you're really sacrificing dirt/stones being sucked in directly to your turbo wheel spinning at 15k+ revolutions. That's why the stocker has a cotton piece over the paper element. WAY more important to protect your turbo.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
but that cotton peice will also shorten the life of the front end of the turbo choke it out make it work harder and very slow spool up and less hp and more gas why stock turbos have short lifes with those air filters with cotton peice. [email protected] drop in the box filter is the right choice. i always use kn and never in 30 years had 0 issues. [email protected] prolongs the life of the turbo faster spool up better gas milage higher hp and last longer i inspect montly on my 2.0 and no issues. pushing over 300 hp with trifecta tune and bnr diverter valve. apexi n1muffler resonator delete turbo smart wastgate. 36k still going strong.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts