GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks!

Anyone have any leads on where to find either parts to install a new cold air/. air intake or know where to buy and all in one kit for a 2020 Chevy Equinox 2L Turbo.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Do you realize that doing this can/will void your car's warranty ?

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Nope, as I say "can". Depends on whether you have a problem related to the CAI.

·
Registered
85 Posts
May I ask why you want to do this? I would think that the factory intercooler would negate any benefit from shoving more/cooler air into the turbo. In other words, any air restriction caused by the intercooler after the turbo would block more air from the new intake and the intercooler should work materially better to reduce the air temperature than a large intake.

I haven't had a turbo engine since the 90's so I am not up to date on the current technology or thinking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May I ask why you want to do this? I would think that the factory intercooler would negate any benefit from shoving more/cooler air into the turbo. In other words, any air restriction caused by the intercooler after the turbo would block more air from the new intake and the intercooler should work materially better to reduce the air temperature than a large intake.

I haven't had a turbo engine since the 90's so I am not up to date on the current technology or thinking.
Personally its for the sound. I love the way the engine sounds now, just want to make it sound a little better.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
I seem to recall a device that was talked up on this forum that jazzed up the exhaust sound thru the stereo. It either plugged into the 12v outlet, or obdii. It sounded pretty neat. With the search, you should be able to find it. It had to be maybe 3-4 yrs ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts