GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2019 Terrain SLT with 1.5 Turbo and on the passenger side windows there is a annoying wind noise that starts around 40-50 and above mph. Dealer has adjusted doors but no help so far. Has anyone had this and did you find any cure? I have placed cloth in the window tracks and around door openings but nothing helps. Car has never been wrecked so dealer has tried and says they cannot find anything to try to help.. any suggestions???

·
Registered
10,567 Posts
Since they have tried to fix it, they must feel that it is a problem. Keep bringing it back and tell them that you plan to file paperwork for lemon law. That should get it fixed. If not, you will qualify for a new car, depending on the law in your state. My 18 doesn't make that noise. In fact, try another on their lot and see if that also makes a similar noise.

·
Registered
2020 gmc terrain 1.5 SLE 9 speed Black
79 Posts
Raise the hood and look on the top of the fender you will see some foam(in the back) my 2020 SLE on the drivers side needed to be pushed back a little, I took a short stick and pushed it in place, made a big difference....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raise the hood and look on the top of the fender you will see some foam(in the back) my 2020 SLE on the drivers side needed to be pushed back a little, I took a short stick and pushed it in place, made a big difference....
I will try that tonight, hope it works, thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nothing has worked so far. still looking around for a solution
I've been paying more attention to ours and it seems like the noise is coming from the windshield area. Wonder if that is the issue? Maybe a bad seal or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts