GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m beginning to feel special here…today I was driving cruise set at 75 into a strong head wind…tachometer just walked up to 8k b4 I shut down the cruise and pulled it off to the shoulder. I shut it off waited about 5 min. We could smell what I assume was the trans clutch plates burning. I restarted it drove home in L7 held RPMs under 2k. This thing gotta go must of been built on a Monday after Super Bowl. On star sent me the codes I attached. What a pile of junk

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 179k miles
4,611 Posts
I’m reading this on my phone, but I don’t see any useful information on that OnStar attachment.

If this thing has gotten semi-repeatable, I’d be driving around with a Data Logger on it to try to capture better data...

·
Super Moderator
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,731 Posts
Full scan is step one for a detailed code report. OnStar report is a generic response/notice to stimulate the average non-technical driver to seek professional assistance.

Reactions: NXR71

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked it up tonight…different dealer this time. Not able to duplicate the problem. I’m so sorry I purchased this vehicle. I have ZERO faith now. It’s only a matter of time, this thing needs a new owner PRONTO

100% sure the next vehicle will not be GM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts