GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did quick search and found nothing from the newer Nox section on this. Our 2019 has developed a suspension noise from the passenger front strut area. We first starting hearing this driving slowly through a parking garage. Not sure what is wearing out. Maybe the strut or strut mount or some suspension part...?

The noise is almost like a loose brake caliper...but lightly applying the brakes does not change it any.

Any members out there care to share some thoughts...that might lead me in the right direction? The vehicle just turned 44k on the clock. I am not one to go back to the dealer for anything...unless this might be covered by the 60k drivetrain warranty?

TIA

·
Registered
712 Posts
May or may not be related...ours developed a random click sound that i could only notice at very slow speed on rough roads. After months of this it dripped a few drops of oil front passenger side. Took it in and it was a transmission axle seal (was still under warranty ...i think transmission has a 60K warranty)...once the transmission axle seal was replaced the low speed click sound disappeared.

·
Registered
2010 GMC Terrain - SLT - V6 - 225K Km's (~140K miles) - Gold Mist - Largely restored
23 Posts
Check the sway bar end links. Since it’s sometimes hard to get them to make noise when you want, just take it out and then drive your same repeatable route. No noise? Problem found.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestion and the issue is the strut top mount needs replaced. I'll reply after I replace it, found the problem over the weekend and ordered the part.

Reactions: dr.fiero

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Was it coil eating through the rubber insulator and the coil hitting the metal plate as strut moved?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered the mount and am waiting for that to arrive before I take it apart...I'll post up my findings

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was it coil eating through the rubber insulator and the coil hitting the metal plate as strut moved?
No actually there was not anything wrong with the strut mount.

The noise continues...Arrrrrg! 44.5K miles and the right lower ball joint needs to be replaced? Things that make me go Hmmmmmmm 🚽

1 - 8 of 8 Posts