GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend texted me yesterday saying he was looking at a (used) 2019 Equinox (LS Trim) with the 1.5L engine, and wanted my opinion (since I've owned my 2011 Nox almost 10 years now). This one has 22k miles, 1 owner, non-smoker, clean CARFAX. I told him my Gen-2 Nox has been very solid up to 152k miles now, but it's a different vehicle entirely than the 2019, and all I could say about the 2019 was it was the 2nd year of production, it had the turbo and the STOP/START features, no roof rack, and I thought they'd been fairly reliable mechanically.

Anybody here want to chime in with more insights? He doesn't care about the difference between the 1.5 and 2.0 engines, and he doesn't care much about options, either ... hence the LS trim.

But here's a question I have: How "stripped" is the LS? I never buy that trim level because it's usually just too stripped for me. This one seems to have a long list of features, though - almost like it's not accurate! LOL! Did GM do something really stupid and remove a basic option? I've seen them do that before on older models with Cruise Control, but this one seems to say it has Cruise.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If it's still under warranty idk how he could go wrong.... I've heard alot of good things about new er gm vehicles....not so much from other manufacturers..The 2.0 seems really reliable. I ask a person when they are buying a car.."is it what you really want?" If its anything but yes than dont get it...there is such thing as buyers remorse.
Idk about the diesel I would get the gas not like there's anything wrong with it just more used to working on gas engines.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2020 Terrain 1.5 SLE it will be 1 year old on Thanksgiving, 22,000 miles on the car. Life time over all mpg 29. So far no issues oil level never changes. I don't care for the start stop on the Terrain so I just drive in low range but set it to 9th no start stop. I tow a 1,500 LB jetskie and trailer no issues with it on the highway at 70mph. There's several ways to work around the start stop if you don't like it on the Terrain (push button just select L9 transmission shifts the same as drive... Millage 28/33 only compliant I have is the size of the gas tank, just under 14 gallons.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I can only speak for our 2018 with 1.5. 25k miles with no issues and overall average MPG in high 20s. Just oil and filters, (air and cabin), changes. Will buy new one when stop/start delete switch is added. I use low, toggled to 6, the wife uses D.
Options and trim levels are personal.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Will buy new one when stop/start delete switch is added.
Yeah - I see that’s coming for 2021. Maybe I’ll have to come full circle, back to the Equinox for my next purchase (even though I initially turned away due to the lack of a V6 engine)? Seems like the turbo 4 has been pretty reliable (so far)? Maybe today’s turbos are more reliable that the turbos I saw turn into smog machines back in the late 80’s and early 90’s?

I’ve been over at the Bolt forum thinking that’s what I’d buy next, but they’ve had a few fires now and GM’s recalling 68,000 of them. They say the 2020’s aren’t affected, but how can you be sure? I think I could land a 2020 Bolt LT right now for about $17k out the door after rebate, dealer discount, Costco discount, and my GM “points”, so that’s very alluring, but if it’s going to catch fire just sitting there doing nothing, that’s not something I want to have to constantly worry about or deal with. I wish GM would issue a more comforting statement as to why the 2020 batteries don’t have the same fire risk. They did move production to MI, and they did seem to point the finger at LG, but that’s not good enough for me...

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Yeah. “More info than you need” is right.

Really, what you want to see if just all the common stuff, followed by what’s changed at each trim level. Listing all that stuff “til the cows come home” is quite aggravating.,.
One thing. . . comparing trim levels often can not reveal what standard features were on a given trim since options and packages may have been included. You'd have to see the build sheet or look and compare the RPOs on the vehicle itself.

Anyway. . . a google search offers several sites to compare trims. I've used several when we were shopping to our Acadia last year besides the GMC site at that time.

Reactions: Colt Hero
1 - 8 of 8 Posts