GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for identifying the different speaker wires with the standard 6 speaker(non-Bose) system? Want to tap into the system and don't want to buy an adapter harness. Thanks for any info...:smile:

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you can't have a Service Manual from GM or Haynes, the other way to identifying speaker wiring is open every single one of the door panels and a-pillar trim to check the color-coding on the wires. I do that on my old 2005 Opel Corsa C when I was changing the radio. Maybe you should try that as a last resort.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The files attached should have all the radio schematics depending on what all options your nox is equipped with.

IMO, if you can avoid splicing into wires always go that route. Depending on what you are looking to modify, let me know which circuit it is; I can identify the factory connector housing you could build a jumper harness to put inline and avoid cutting into the factory harness. Plug in and go, then it's removable also!

Let me know if I can help, good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those!! Looks like Part1 shows what I would need. Have'nt done anything yet....spoke with Crutchfield and they said by using " Posi-Taps" I don't need to "Cut" any wires, just "Tap" into them. I'm thinking of installing a compact powered subwoofer and maybe installing new front door speakers. Trying to convince myself I can do this!! Its in the "Thinking About It" stage....

Thanks again for those diagrahms

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for those!! Looks like Part1 shows what I would need. Have'nt done anything yet....spoke with Crutchfield and they said by using " Posi-Taps" I don't need to "Cut" any wires, just "Tap" into them. I'm thinking of installing a compact powered subwoofer and maybe installing new front door speakers. Trying to convince myself I can do this!! Its in the "Thinking About It" stage....

Thanks again for those diagrahms

I'm not a big fan of t-taps. Usually I splice and use butt connectors and heat shrink. Since i have newer vehicles now I don't want to start hacking apart the harnesses. That's why I've been looking at getting connectors and just plugging the stuff in, that way if it has to go in for any warranty work I don't have to worry about having compromised this system.

·
Registered
554 Posts
2x using taps is a rookie hack job. They will and do lose contact due to vibration and temp. expansion.
Change all the speakers first, GM factory ones are junk, I had bad speakers in my Malibu and my Tahoe w/Bose and the Bose door speakers were identical to the base LS speakers in the Malibu. Upgraded speakers in the 'bu had enough bass to vibrate the rear view mirror in the 'bu after changing to my surprise. Coaxial speakers will make a big difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts