GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Equnox with navigation. I am getting a message that reads "SD CARD ERROR --LAUNCH NAV ON RADIO FOR DETAILS" when I go to the radio, the radio says "Once installed this NAV card can only be used for navigation in this vehicle:. I hit "CONFIRM" and it goes to my navigation map, but everytime I restart my car these messages come up all over again. As I said, my car has navigation and I have never had an issue prior to this. Two things have happened prior to this problem. The system did an automatic update and after that I cancelled my $35 a month ON STAR account since my car was purchased with navigation. My 2013 had navigation also and I did not need ON STAR for navigation. I'm not sure why I am getting this message. There is nothing in the manual or on line that I can find. Does anyone else have this or know what I can do to resolve it? Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same problem on my 2019 right off the lot. It could be two things. One, the sd card read/write tab is in the wrong position. This was the problem with mine. Make sure the switch on the card is in the up position (tab up toward the contacts). The nav unit needs to write to the card. Second, the sd card reader is not making proper contact with the contacts on the sd card.
Try taking the card in and out several times making sure it seats properly. With mine during the preparation process, the dealer took the card out and when pushing it back in had it slightly off and as it slid in, it slid the read/write tab in the read position creating the error that you are seeing now.
It took a very astute service writer that took the time on GM's site to find the fix. One last note. Make sure the ignition is off as you could corrupt the card if it is on.
There is a bulletin on this issue but I do not have it with me now.
Good luck and hope it solves your issue too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Silly question, where is the SD card located in the Equinox? My wife just sent me a text indicating "NAV SD card has been removed" :(
It's down in front of the shifter where the USB sockets are. It's a little slot and the card is recessed so you have to use your fingernail to push in on it to get it to pop out, it's spring loaded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same problem on my 2019 right off the lot. It could be two things. One, the sd card read/write tab is in the wrong position. This was the problem with mine. Make sure the switch on the card is in the up position (tab up toward the contacts). The nav unit needs to write to the card. Second, the sd card reader is not making proper contact with the contacts on the sd card.
Try taking the card in and out several times making sure it seats properly. With mine during the preparation process, the dealer took the card out and when pushing it back in had it slightly off and as it slid in, it slid the read/write tab in the read position creating the error that you are seeing now.
It took a very astute service writer that took the time on GM's site to find the fix. One last note. Make sure the ignition is off as you could corrupt the card if it is on.
There is a bulletin on this issue but I do not have it with me now.
Good luck and hope it solves your issue too.
How about that? I had the same issue, and sure enough, the slider switch on the left side of the card was not set correctly. Problem solved. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bad sd card

I had this problem also on the way home from dealer in down state Delaware , I took the vehicle to my local dealership and they ordered a new sd card for me and called me in couple of days and they replaced the old card and it has been working great ever since.

·
Registered
358 Posts
We had similar SD card error when we took delivery, ours did not have the SD card installed, once installed problem solved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My circumstances are exactly as yours. 2019 Equinox SD card error after radio update and cancelling OnStar. I'm also getting an error staying my Voice Recognition subscription has expired. I have built in Navigation. Message comes on every time I start the car. Took it to dealer for oil change & for the error messages. Go figure NOT ONCE did the message come up while at the dealership. I showed them a picture I took of the error message before I got there. They told me unless they can duplicate my problem, by the error showing, they can't diagnose or fix it. Did you ever find out what was causing this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Equinox, now 1 year old and no OnStar service. Saw this message today Nav SD Card Error. This NAV SD card is not valid for navigation. See your Owner's Manual (nothing in the manual) or visit your dealer.
(0x400.0989.0129.0989.0x)

What the heck does this mean? Where's is the SD card located.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The SD card read problem is fixed in Infotainment version 807.1!

It downloaded to my car a week ago and it is mentioned in the release notes.

Unfortunately 807.1 wont install in my car . It has tried four times and failed. Looks like I need to go to the dealer to find out why.

·
Registered
2019 Equinox Premiere
1 Posts
My 2019 Equinox kept intermittently displaying "SD Card Error". The GM map would not load and my Android Auto would not connect to my phone. The white lights around the SD card, USB and Aux jacks kept turning ON and OFF.
After some troubleshooting, I discovered it was from a defective Apple Lightning cord to my wife's iPhone (perhaps a short in the USB cord?). I removed the cable and the problem went away. FYI a new SD card reader module is $149.99 plus $68.00 at my local Chevy dealer in case your is broken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 Equinox kept intermittently displaying "SD Card Error". The GM map would not load and my Android Auto would not connect to my phone. The white lights around the SD card, USB and Aux jacks kept turning ON and OFF.
After some troubleshooting, I discovered it was from a defective Apple Lightning cord to my wife's iPhone (perhaps a short in the USB cord?). I removed the cable and the problem went away. FYI a new SD card reader module is $149.99 plus $68.00 at my local Chevy dealer in case your is broken.
Thank you for this post! My problem was exactly like yours. Once the lightning cord was removed the problem went away(y):D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts