GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2019 Holden Equinox LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!!

Bit of a scary moment for myself today! I went to overtake someone this morning, put my foot down slightly, and something went pop, and the car went into limp mode and I had an error come up with “Engine power is reduced” and the car went in to limp mode!
Managed to get the car somewhere safe, have since started it, the error went away, but the check engine light is still on, and the car is idling terribly! :(

has anyone had this issue before, and been able to drive after leaving it for a little while!

Attachments

· Registered
2019 Holden Equinox LT
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to add an update -

Car unfortunately went into even more of a limp mode, and after having an OBD chucked on to see if we could diagnose it further, turns out that it came up with a po299 Error Code :( Not looking great! :(

· Registered
5,755 Posts
Just to add an update -

Car unfortunately went into even more of a limp mode, and after having an OBD chucked on to see if we could diagnose it further, turns out that it came up with a po299 Error Code :( Not looking great! :(
A "Pop" on a turbo charged engine is never good. But it just might be something like the bypass / waste gate valve went out or a charge tube leak. Surely a boost leak somewhere.
Others here may know more.

This Youtube is in regards to the Chevy Cruze. . . . but the same info should apply.

· Registered
2018 GMC Terrain SLT 2.0 turbo
2 Posts
Hi guys!! Bit of a scary moment for myself today! I went to overtake someone this morning, put my foot down slightly, and something went pop, and the car went into limp mode and I had an error come up with “Engine power is reduced” and the car went in to limp mode! Managed to get the car somewhere safe, have since started it, the error went away, but the check engine light is still on, and the car is idling terribly! :( has anyone had this issue before, and been able to drive after leaving it for a little while!
I had that this week! I also had it in November and in April. I was able to drive it all times just no turbo engaged. So I took to the dealership., this week, today they told me they wanted to replace the High pressure fuel pump to the tune of $1560 CAD. My code reader gave P06DE. I found this page after my last trip in April. https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...IQFnoECBkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw35aCunxNVubebYj0X8F3DP Dealer found code P0172 in April. And did some work then. So will see tomorrow if the last work and this are related. I will note I put premium fuel through ever third tank or so, I am a short distance driver most of the time, although do have some longer trips.
The attached is work they did last time too.

There is a US recall on the high pressure fuel pump but won't apply to me in Canada.

Attachments

· Registered
238 Posts

· Registered
5,755 Posts
Just to add an update -

So-o-o . . . . . Any update?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts