GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all I need help! I dropped some medication into the “black hole” meaning between the driver and seat and center console. When I went to grab it- I somehow how pushed the tablets under the console!!!!! Like the carpet wasn’t attached to the outside 🤦🏻‍♀️ I cannot get my fingers under there by any means I can’t see the tablets. How do I access the center console to get underneath. There are no screws on the outside and I will break something!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
True story, a few years ago I was sitting in the Post Office parking lot with my fob resting on my leg reading some mail.
I went to grab the fob and it fell down between the seat and console to the floor.
The harder I tried to reach it, the further it went under the console.
Luckly I have a spare key hidden inside to get home and unbolt the console.
Good luck.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Probably not worth the trouble. Removing the center console is an extensive endeavor.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would say those meds are gone forever. You wouldn't plan on using them anyway now would you? The center console probably has a combination of clips and fasteners holding it in and may require removal of other trim pieces to get out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not worth the trouble. Removing the center console is an extensive endeavor.
Yeah so I’ve realized. I got the panel off thinking I would have access and I definitely do not. It’s a very unfortunately situation.

·
Registered
2011 GMC TERRAIN SLT-2 3.0L V6 (LF1)
55 Posts
Try putting a piece of pantyhose on the end of a vacuum detailing nozzle. The pantyhose will keep anything from being sucked up the vacuum hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts