GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone show me a diagram or picture of where the drain hose would be, if it has one. I have the smelly ac and would like the check the drain but I can not find it anywhere or find online where it is. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
244 Posts
On my terrain its about a foot back from the wheels in the middle of the car. You should see a little white colored tube there. I have the same thing in my car. but my drains fine. I'm not sure why some cars have this smell and some don't.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Your dealer can turn on thr afterblow option. The smell is from running your a/c and then turning the car off with the a/c still operating. That will cause moisture and a musty smell. With the afterblow turned on, the fan will run for awhile after the car is turned off.

Reactions: repairman54

·
Registered
683 Posts
Your dealer can turn on thr afterblow option. The smell is from running your a/c and then turning the car off with the a/c still operating. That will cause moisture and a musty smell. With the afterblow turned on, the fan will run for awhile after the car is turned off.
I'll add the afterblow blows the condensation water off the coils so it drains out instead of clinging there letting mold form which is the source of the odor.
Checking the drain is a first step as spiders can build a nest and those webs are strong enough to impede drainage.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Is that an option for a 2014 3.6?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yup

Reactions: kbz1960
1 - 8 of 8 Posts