GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not having any luck in finding the compression ratio and max boost pressures. Any help?

Joe

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
The LYX is a direct-injection cast aluminum DOHC 1.5 L turbocharged SGE variant, with a 74 mm × 86.6 mm (2.91 in × 3.41 in) bore and stroke for a total capacity of 1,490 cc (1.5 L). Compression ratio is 10.0:1 and uses regular unleaded gasoline.

2018-Chevrolet Equinox127 kW (170 hp) @ 5600 rpm275 N⋅m (203 lb⋅ft) @ 2000–4000 rpm

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
yeah, could not find max boost

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking, like the 2.0l, they're shoving 20 psi down it's throat...... 10:1 at 20 psi is the recipe for a hand grenade.

·
Registered
269 Posts
WTF is with all the ney sayers lately??? They join and within hours they are shelling out disaster...GET OUT!

·
Registered
269 Posts
no just sick of the negativity why are you here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally to get the specs on the motor. Now somewhat interested in how they keep such a highly stressed motor from holing pistons. When I was building race motors those specs were found only on Offenhauser's run at Indianapolis. My hand grenade reference wasn't meant to put it down as much as it was surprising.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ok that reply deserves an apology sorry for jumping to a conclusion....

I can tell you my daughter runs her 18 Nox like it was stolen 1.5 no issues but only has 36k

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally to get the specs on the motor. Now somewhat interested in how they keep such a highly stressed motor from holing pistons. When I was building race motors those specs were found only on Offenhauser's run at Indianapolis. My hand grenade reference wasn't meant to put it down as much as it was surprising.
The 2.0t is built for the boost and power. GM gets more horsepower out of it in the Camaro with 275hp and 295lbs torque. It can handle well over 300 hp without issue. I've seen many used cobalts and buick regals with well over 150k and still running with this engine.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The engine might have a max boost pressure of 20psi, but the ECU is probably slightly reducing that to the 15-17psi range.

Someone with a decent OBDII monitor might be able to grab the boost pressure they are getting during a typical drive cycle on a 1.5L to know for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts