GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Equinox and go back and forth with whether I use it while driving vs not.
It's certainly handy for navigation purposes. I have a couple questions in regards to this app and how it controls your phone.

1. when using the google maps option through the radio for mapping out my destination, it works really well. But the screen is always in daylight mode, which makes it super bright when it's dark outside. Is there a way to turn this off like you can when using normal google maps on your phone? I'd like it to automatically detect night vs day. Is this possible?

2. When I have the phone plugged in, and the android auto app running through the car radio, I can hear incoming calls. It's ringing, but I have no option to answer the call. I look at my phone, and I see nothing there. but it's ringing. Why can't I see the "answer now" option on the radio screen? It's gotta be somewhere. But it doesn't show up automatically when the phone rings. I eventually lose the call, then have to call the caller back. It's very frustrating.

If I turn off the android auto app/uninstall it, I see all incoming calls on the radio, and it works as it should. BUT, if I do that, I lose the google maps navigation option. I have to use my phone for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

1- I did not spend much time trying to get the auto dim feature to work while using the driving app. I just have the dimmer on the intellilink to dark or night mode (don't remember the wording).

2- on my terrain I use the steering wheel button to receive and end calls, the top button on the right side steering wheel buttons is the one to receive calls, it also brings up the google assistant by holding that button down for about 3 seconds.

I was having and issue every other time with my phone losing connection with the terrain when plugged in, I bought a better quality USB cable and the issue went away. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for finding the 3 sec trick.

Now it is easy to select the GM assistant with a quick tap or the google with the longer tap.

I find the GM interface for Phone and media works great. GM navigation is OK but Google Maps is better at finding things and has live traffic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts