GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
vic1212 said:
That's just my guess as the picture on GMC website says the Terrain Denali on the picture is about 42k
+taxes+tipping the car salesmen

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
it does show $42,280 as shown on the GMC website.

so I ran the California DMV registration fee calculator..... assuming I would 'buy' it in August when they would arrive at dealers......

Vehicle Registration Fee Calculator

Transaction Date: May 05, 2017
Type of Calculation: New California Vehicle Purchase
Type of Vehicle: Automobile
Model Year: 2018
Motive Power: Gas
Purchase Date: August 23, 2017
Purchase Price: $42,280.00
County: Los Angeles
Zip Code: 91791
Current Registration: 53.00
Current California Highway Patrol: 24.00
Current Vehicle License Fee: 275.00
Current County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies Fee: 1.00
Current Fingerprint ID Fee: 1.00
Current Smog High Polluter Repair Fee: 6.00
Original Smog Abatement: 6.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee: 8.00
Current Air Quality Management District: 6.00
Current South Coast Air Basin: 1.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee: 3.00
Current Vehicle Theft/DUI 2: 2.00
Use/Sales Tax: 3,700.00
Reflectorized License Plate Fee: 1.00
Total Registration Fees: $387.00
Total Use/Sales Tax: $3,700.00
Grand Total Registration Fees: $4,087.00

Total---- $46,367

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Almost $47K - - - - :jaw:

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
JayT2014 said:
Almost $47K - - - - :jaw:
Yeah, but he has taxes/fees in that price. May as well toss in insurance for the life of the car and get it to $100K. Myself, I would quote the price as $42K - which is still too much, IMHO.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
and that does not include the GM delivery fee-- what is it up to now? 300, 500?

The small print on the GMC site said that..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Geezez Murphy no kidding.... :eek:

Crazy question.... this registration fee of $387, is this a one time fee to register the brand new vehicle for the first time - or is this an annually occurrence?

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Rit said:
Yeah, but he has taxes/fees in that price. May as well toss in insurance for the life of the car and get it to $100K. Myself, I would quote the price as $42K - which is still too much, IMHO.
Yes. . . I have trouble with spending $30K on a vehicle. And now I topped out at $32K on my new truck when all was said and done after a cap, spray in bed liner and a few more goodies. . .. another $2K went by really fast.

·
Registered
469 Posts
rbarrios said:
and that does not include the GM delivery fee-- what is it up to now? 300, 500?

The small print on the GMC site said that..
Near $900 on our 2017 we just got. Not sure about the fee from Mexico though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So now the build your own is up. So it seems like a fully loaded SLT with 2.0T is about 40k with AWD. And 42k for Denali with auto park assist with surround vision

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do the 2018 SL terrain will be available in Canada?

1.5 Liter, 9 speed transmission? Or only the SLE and up?

nvm just seing The SLE is the base model :

MSRP*: $30,195
Freight, A/C Tax & Dealer Fees: $2,050
Colours & Options: $495

Total∞: $32,740

·
Registered
4 Posts
Geezez Murphy no kidding.... :eek:

Crazy question.... this registration fee of $387, is this a one time fee to register the brand new vehicle for the first time - or is this an annually occurrence?
Goes down every year thereafter. But not fast enough... lol

If you live in CA but can establish residency in Oregon you can circumvent the sales tax, as they don't have any (but they do have very high property tax). I've heard of people doing it, probably easier if you have a relative living there. But good luck working all that out. It's a lot more than just signing a piece of paper.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just took delivery of an 2018 Denali AWD version. I know it's too early to judge but in the week I've had it - I really like it. I had a 2011 Ford Edge so I'm used to something slightly bigger and heavier feeling. Never thought I'd get used to a 4 banger again but this is new tech and it shows. Great HP and Torque and outshines the V6 I had in the Ford big time, not to mention the fuel mileage. I was sure the strange shift buttons were going to take getting used to but the convenience of going from a combined Park Gear plus Park Brake with a simple touch of the D button is great. It's comfortable and all the latest electronic wizardry is something I got hooked onto right away. I'm hoping I still feel this good a year from now.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Great HP and Torque and outshines the V6 I had in the Ford big time, not to mention the fuel mileage. .
Did you get the 2.0?

·
Registered
30 Posts
my SLT Diesel with Nav Sunroof safety 1 &2 package rubber floor mats and mudflaps was $47600 before gm discount and taxes. as soon as you start to put options on them the price gets crazy.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts