GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Unfortunately, mine doesn't appear to be the roof drains. I tried stuffing some braided weed eater line, and some fairly stiff clothes line in from the bottom, but ended up about a foot short of getting it all the way to the rear panoramic roof drains (just a guess, by trying to measure outside the car),but I did shoot some air at about 40 psi, and could hear it in the roof channel, so I know it's not completely blocked. I'm scheduled to take it in to the dealer tomorrow morning. Fortunately, I have a liner in the rear, that seems to capture the water, so it's not draining into the spare tire well. It's raining pretty good today, so it ought to be full when I take it to the dealer in the morning :mad:.
Sorry you were not able to fix the leak. Let us know what the dealer does to make the repair.

· Registered
2019 GMC Terrain
3 Posts
I get the water leak in the same place, if you look under the plastic before it bumps in there is a vent cut in there. That is where the water comes from, I also don't have a sun roof. I'm assuming it's the window seal. I only get water when there is a heavy rain, I've tried to duplicate the leak with a garden hose and nothing ever happens
I get the water in the same place as well. I think it's from the sunroof. When trying to reproduce the issue, I put water on the sunroof area but no water came in until I swing the car using the roof rack. The water builds up inside and only goes to the trunk after swing the car.

· Registered
12 Posts
I never did post the fix for my leaking issue. It turned out to be the rear hatch seal, and it was self inflicted. I had previously adjusted the rear hatch upper stand-offs chasing another issue, and never noticed I had induced the leak. The stand-offs were way different from left to right, and were set that way from the factory, likely for the same issue. From where the water was dripping ( that little vent under the fuse panel) I didn't think it could be coming from the hatch, but it was.

Good Luck

· Registered
2019 GMC Terrain
3 Posts
I never did post the fix for my leaking issue. It turned out to be the rear hatch seal, and it was self inflicted. I had previously adjusted the rear hatch upper stand-offs chasing another issue, and never noticed I had induced the leak. The stand-offs were way different from left to right, and were set that way from the factory, likely for the same issue. From where the water was dripping ( that little vent under the fuse panel) I didn't think it could be coming from the hatch, but it was.

Good Luck
Good that you found it. Can you please be more specific on where is the seal located and how did you fixed? Or add a picture of the exact place. Thank you!

· Registered
12 Posts
Good that you found it. Can you please be more specific on where is the seal located and how did you fixed? Or add a picture of the exact place. Thank you!
Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Tread

They are located at the bottom of the hydraulic lifts on the hatch. they screww in and out for adjustment. The tsb I read was for a harmonic vibration, and it said they should be adjusted to about an 1/8th inch gap. Passender side was adjusted with quite a bit more.
Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

When I adjusted them even is when I induced the leak. If you have'nt adjusted them it is probably not your issue, but I would check the rubber seal around the hatch, and take a look at the seal where the electrical connections go through.

Good luck

· Registered
2019 GMC Terrain
3 Posts
View attachment 19093 They are located at the bottom of the hydraulic lifts on the hatch. they screww in and out for adjustment. The tsb I read was for a harmonic vibration, and it said they should be adjusted to about an 1/8th inch gap. Passender side was adjusted with quite a bit more. View attachment 19094 When I adjusted them even is when I induced the leak. If you have'nt adjusted them it is probably not your issue, but I would check the rubber seal around the hatch, and take a look at the seal where the electrical connections go through. Good luck
Thanks for sharing this! (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts