GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced the Factory Unit If so what Brand -Model did you go with and what Features were you able to Keep off Factory system Backup Cam ,Onstar etc…was is a custom fit or were you able to find a install kit

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
From the amount of reply's you are getting, you might do better going to a stereo shop in your area.
A lot of the 2019-2021 units are still under warranty and mostly left alone.

Another idea would be to give Crutchfield a try.
I have bought several things from them and they were quite knowledgeable.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Even Crutchfield says on their site that they do not recommend replacing the factory stereo. There is simply too much vehicle integration in these modern systems to take the risk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even Crutchfield says on their site that they do not recommend replacing the factory stereo. There is simply too much vehicle integration in these modern systems to take the risk.
Only problem is the Factory Unit is Garbage 🗑. 30 Volume limit only 3 equalizer adjustments. I already swapped all the speakers with Infinity Harmony speakers they sound amazing.Now if I could put in a Pioneer unit with the all the equalizer adjustments and the High performance Filter setting . Omg
If GM ever gets smart they have Pioneer do the Unit for them with all the Bells and whistles I’ll pay the extra Grand for that . But for paying all that money to have ****ty sound Probably my Last GM if that’s the way it’s heading their setup or nothing. Why can’t any Car Company get it right by now

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the upgraded Pioneer system in my 2015 Equinox. It is ok, but was required with the V6. I don't think it is world class, but decent enough for a daily driver.

As automakers incorporate entertainment and vital vehicle subsystems in to the touchscreens, it is going to become more and more difficult to install aftermarket options. That leaves the upgraded OEM systems as the only upgrade, which many times means getting the highest trim.

The upgraded OEM options are usually just generic units that have a licensed brand name on them. People have called Bose and asked for specs on the GM equipment, and Bose simply tells them to ask GM because they have no idea.

Typically the upgraded OEM options are simply louder, with more bass, but not necessarily more dynamic overall.

·
Registered
644 Posts
How many ohms were the speakers you took out and put in? A lower ohm speaker would pull more power from the factory amp so if you went with a bigger higher ohm speaker it will be quiet. Put some lower ohm speakers in it and they will be louder but you risk overheating the head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts