GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a new 2018 Terrain. Does anyone know if the factory heavy-duty cooling system and/or the trailer mode that is added as part of the trailering package make a big difference when towing with the new 2.0L engine?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Depending on how much your towing you probably don't need the extra cooler. Yes its added to the factory towing package but it ups the towing to 3500lb so they have it just in case. If your towing 1500 or less you should be fine.

The towing package also adds a extra quart of Oil for the engine.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Depending on how much your towing you probably don't need the extra cooler. Yes its added to the factory towing package but it ups the towing to 3500lb so they have it just in case. If your towing 1500 or less you should be fine.

The towing package also adds a extra quart of Oil for the engine.

being all wheel drive adds a quart of oil on the 2018+ for some reason the awd oil pan is different according to the owners manual. i didn’t see anything about the towing package adding a quart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
You are correct on the AWD using more Oil. I think with the Towing package does add extra cooling setup for engine/transmission from what I can find online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts