GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I start the vehicle, the Infotainment screen displays “Connection failure, we are working to correct the issue, please try again later” “Error Code 408”. I press ok, the message disappears and everything seems to work fine. Then as I’m driving along, a message appears on the NAV screen “feature unavailable when driving”. This message displays for approx. 3 seconds and then disappears. This can happen two or three times in a 20 minute drive without me trying to use any feature. This is a new issue. I’ve tried resetting the radio to factory settings and this did nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, and only because the NAV system was mentioned. Could it be an issue communicating with the SD card with the navigation data? It may be worth a try to reset the SD card. If you don't know, it's located in the lower center stack, above the USB ports. No guarantees, but something simple to try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a shot in the dark, and only because the NAV system was mentioned. Could it be an issue communicating with the SD card with the navigation data? It may be worth a try to reset the SD card. If you don't know, it's located in the lower center stack, above the USB ports. No guarantees, but something simple to try.
Thanks. I have had issues with SD cards before and didn't think about trying that. I just did and it didn't work. We are going to try disconnecting the ground cable today. Do you know if just disconnecting the battery will reset the computer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts