GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have are having the consistent water leak from the sunroof drains, now the sunroof is dead and the sunshade-yes believe this- moves on its own. We have had the drains cleaned twice before.. I just do not know why we have to continuously have to check and clean this problem. And now this..a dead sunroof. The vehicle is not even parked under trees. I have looked up service bulletins and there is only one. No recalls...it a bad engineering design. Anyone else have solutions..and of course they probably will not fix the sunroof, cause they will say its caused by water damage....

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,842 Posts
I don’t have a 2018, and I avoid sunroofs like the plague because I know it’ll enrage me when it fails (on a rainy day, of course), but wasn’t the problem with these drains that they were pieced together and were becoming disconnected in one or more places inside the roof cavity or side pillar? And then the water ends up going where it wants to?

Have you searched this site? Could’ve sworn I ran across some pictures showing where the drain hoses become dislodged or disconnected...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I intentionally poured water in the sunroof channel of our 19' Denali to see where it would come out... I can't actually see any drain holes or hoses and only poured water in at the front of the channels on the left and right side of the sunroof... The water from both sides drains out somewhere in the left front wheel well close to the mud flap but it comes out from behind the wheel well liner. Not sure if there are rear drains but expect that there are and should drain at a rear wheel well. Not sure if that helps anyone but I wanted to see if our drain tubes were hooked up properly so I did this test.

·
Registered
246 Posts
As colt Hero said, I recall something about the drain tubes pulling apart at a connection point in past posts. There must be some utube videos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts