GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I started my car before I left work using the fob. It shut off a few min later which was odd. I started it normally and drove home and a cel came on. It only lasted until I shut it down. Upon restart cel was gone.

Yesterday I was driving and the cel came back on and the panel said power reduced and then said def filter cleaning keep driving. So i drove. It completed and the notice went but the cel stayed on. It drove normal just a cel.

Today I went to start it using the fob and it wouldn't start unless I went inside the car and pushed the button. I drove it and the cel is still on. after a while then said power reduced. It drove like a turd barely eeking 58mph. Then decided to say cleaning def filter again. Needless to say it did that and it's not right still.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If there is a CEL active you won't be able to remote start...that is a feature.
You might need a manual DPF regen if it has gotten too clogged for the automatic one to work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I dropped it off today. Just seems like nothing but problems with this. First the cold and battery frying.. now this

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does it get clogged? From my understanding of I'm driving highway mostly it should stay pretty clean?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Let us know what they say..because you're right...it should not for mostly highway driving. Could be a sensor misreading.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I drive 75 miles a day commute. I only have 6200 miles on it. They said it's the exhaust pressure sensor. Currently getting the oil serviced...Waiting on the sensor.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hopefully that should fix it.

We have nearly 18000 miles now in 18 months we had it ...only once caught it doing a regen (the fan stayed on after switching off). We get to drive stretches of 50 to 60 miles at 65 to 75 mph at least once a week..that is why i think this diesel suits our needs very well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did notice the fan staying on longer during that. Seems to be fine now after the repair. Hopefully that's the last bug

Reactions: tizan

·
Registered
672 Posts
I did notice the fan staying on longer during that. Seems to be fine now after the repair. Hopefully that's the last bug

My guess here is that the pressure sensor failure was tricking the ECU to believe that the DPF was full or clogged ..thus it was trying to do the regen and needing cooling after you switch off etc.

Finger crossed !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts