GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm driving home from work tonight, I notice my driver information center is empty. I typically have it set for how many kms are left to the current tank before empty.

So I start scrolling trying to figure it out. Go to options.

First thing I notice is a section for adaptive cruise control to read signs or not read signs. Never been there previous to today.

I don't have adaptive cruise control. I don't have any sensors in the front of the car that would allow it to work.

I'd have to assume I got an update and possibly the wrong one for my car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
As I'm driving home from work tonight, I notice my driver information center is empty. I typically have it set for how many kms are left to the current tank before empty.

So I start scrolling trying to figure it out. Go to options.

First thing I notice is a section for adaptive cruise control to read signs or not read signs. Never been there previous to today.

I don't have adaptive cruise control. I don't have any sensors in the front of the car that would allow it to work.

I'd have to assume I got an update and possibly the wrong one for my car.
Mine went as crazy as yours when the screen "blanked-out". When it return to normal operation - the "Sign Reading" things disappeared from the "Settings" menu.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Or. . the option for displaying adaptive cruise was always there,but now with the "screw up" the display shows the option that was always there but previously disabled. There a a lot of possible functions that the module may be capable of if enabled and as long as the rest of the hardware (sensors, actuators, etc) is also there and programmed to do a task.

I'm sure the software gurus here can tell us a lot about this. Starflare5 just gave a couple of examples on the older 2006 having remote start capability already programmed but not enabled and how to make it work.

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything was back to normal this morning.

No evidence of any updating. Just a glitch I suppose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ours does this randomly from time to time. Dealer said there was a TSB for it which essentially just had them factory reset the driver information computer (or something to that verbiage).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does GM update the vehicle software....? like every other software company? What's UP GM?

·
Registered
2018 Equinox Premier TD
43 Posts
I have noticed on rare occasion, my viewscreen will tell me an update has occurred. Unfortunately, I never know what was updated or why. LOL. I pay for the wifi plan with my OnStar. I'm wondering if I didn't pay for the wifi, would the system still come automatically? Or, only when I take it to the dealer. But then again, the dealer would have to somehow 'hook' it up for software updates.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dropped the Onstar and WiFi and have seen at least one update since. I also receive a monthly vehicle report (oil life, tire pressure etc..) since dropping the introductory Onstar and WiFi.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I dropped the Onstar and WiFi and have seen at least one update since. I also receive a monthly vehicle report (oil life, tire pressure etc..) since dropping the introductory Onstar and WiFi.
Same for me

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have noticed on rare occasion, my viewscreen will tell me an update has occurred. Unfortunately, I never know what was updated or why. LOL. I pay for the wifi plan with my OnStar. I'm wondering if I didn't pay for the wifi, would the system still come automatically? Or, only when I take it to the dealer. But then again, the dealer would have to somehow 'hook' it up for software updates.
You don't have to go to the dealer for an update, just connect to your home wi-fi.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not all updates are through WiFi . My '20 Traverse has to have a major 2-3 hr. upload update done. Dealer told me that was how long it took in a Silverado which was the first one they did so entertainment system program must be common across a few models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts