GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My 18 Equinox Premier, more often then not, when I start the car up the wipers will cycle once or twice and then stop, not in the home position.

Wiper switch is in OFF position.

Any ideas?

Thanx, stay healthy!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Hi all!

My 18 Equinox Premier, more often then not, when I start the car up the wipers will cycle once or twice and then stop, not in the home position.

Wiper switch is in OFF position.

Any ideas?
Have you checked for DTC codes.
Wipers are ultimately controlled by the BCM after the switch.
You may have to get your BCM reflashed, or disconnect your neg battery cable and hope for the best.
A bad wiper switch is possible but I would do that last.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Should be covered under 3/36 warranty, hopefully your still inside it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm over the miles, previous company car, I will have to get it scanned, thanx guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got to scan for codes, B101D, pointing to an internal component failure is what the scanner claims, stall during sweep showed up also. I bought a new wiper switch from GM on a guess and it didn't fix it. Anybody have any input on the B101D code? From the start it was just the wipers moving and not parking each time you start vehicle, not it has progressed to losing the delay and sometimes having only low speed, as well as rear wiper will run on its own at times. Thanx for looking!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Finally got to scan for codes, B101D, pointing to an internal component failure is what the scanner claims, stall during sweep showed up also. I bought a new wiper switch from GM on a guess and it didn't fix it. Anybody have any input on the B101D code? From the start it was just the wipers moving and not parking each time you start vehicle, not it has progressed to losing the delay and sometimes having only low speed, as well as rear wiper will run on its own at times. Thanx for looking!
I did a quick search on the internet for B101D.
It came up as a Electronic Control Unit (ECU) Hardware Performance Fault.

Best to find someone with a 2018 GM Repair Manual for more details.
If it is a BCM fault, the dealer will have to flash the new one.
Make sure your battery is good and try a reset by removing the neg cable for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery has been good and just did the neg cable off for 10+ minutes with no luck.:sad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was able to talk to a GM tech on the issue, he said if it only affects the front wipers it probably is the internal switch in the wiper motor. If it is indeed both front and rear could be a broken or chewed wire. At this point we are going to re-verify it is only the front or both wipers doing the wacky before we proceed. Thanx for the input!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts