GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
They installed the TPM's and tires on the new wheels. Of course I will be "installing" the wheels when I take the 19" summer wheels off. I just hope everything fits and works. The 17" wheels and tires will be 3/8" taller than the 19" OEM wheels and tires.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They installed the TPM's and tires on the new wheels. Of course I will be "installing" the wheels when I take the 19" summer wheels off. I just hope everything fits and works. The 17" wheels and tires will be 3/8" taller than the 19" OEM wheels and tires.

They should fit the height increase, especially since only 1/2 of the 3/8" increase will be on top.

Your speed-o will read a slight bit slower than your actual speed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just installed 225/65/17 ws90's on factory 2019 17 inch rims on my 2019 Denalli. They are quite smooth and are really what should have come with the Denalli model in the first place. They are smoth and when driving over really bad roads you know the road is bad but the ride is really smooth. I am running 38 pounds of air in the tires.

As for difference in size they are .7% bigger then the factory 235/50/19 tires that come with the car, however it corrected my speedo error which read high i.e. actual speed 50 and speedo read 51, now 50 reads 50.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
I just installed 225/65/17 ws90's on factory 2019 17 inch rims on my 2019 Denalli. They are quite smooth and are really what should have come with the Denalli model in the first place. They are smoth and when driving over really bad roads you know the road is bad but the ride is really smooth. I am running 38 pounds of air in the tires.

As for difference in size they are .7% bigger then the factory 235/50/19 tires that come with the car, however it corrected my speedo error which read high i.e. actual speed 50 and speedo read 51, now 50 reads 50.

I agree . .. this trend to have standard 19", 20" or even 22" wheels on many smaller and mid sized SUVs is annoying. They may (or may not) fill the wheel wells more, but ride and handling is often worse.

One reason I liked the 2015 Equinox LTZ was that is came with standard 18" wheels which were hard riding enough given the stiffer LTZ suspension. 20" wheels with lower profile tires on that year LTZ would have been terribly hard riding.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have no complaints with the 19" wheels on our denali but of course I haven't tried the 17"wheels yet. I'm waiting as long as possible to put the new wheels on as bridgestone blizzaks wear out quickly if used as summer tires. They probably last about the same as the OEM Hankooks though.. LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
I hate seeing those rides with rims as big as a mack truck rims & tires that are slim as a gumband..

41 - 47 of 47 Posts