GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2018 Equinox LT. I am really happy with the car. However, one thing that really bother's me is the radio volume level when I start the car. I use Car Play exclusively. However, the volume is slightly lower when using Car Play than when in regular radio mode. Therefore, when I first start my car and it is in regular radio mode, it is usually pretty loud. I have gone into my radio settings and found the "Maximum Start-up Volume" option. For some reason, I can not adjust the maximum start-up volume any lower than 14. Is this a known problem? Am I doing something wrong? I can adjust the maximum start-up volume louder than 14 but it will not go any lower? My work around, which stinks, is manually lower the volume right before I turn my car off. Otherwise, it will be blasting. I appreciate any suggestions you may have...including snarky ones:grin:.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have been able to lower my start up volume to under 10. Don't remember what the exact number is, but definitely lower than 14.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correction... I tried to lower the Maximum Startup Volume this morning and it will not adjust below 19, not 14. As you can image 19 is pretty loud, particularly when you first start the car. I will try to post a pic of the screen either today or tomorrow. I'm not sure why it will not go down any further than 19.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was in my 'Nox today and verified that I could run mine all the way down to zero--no sound at all for start up. And it held the next time I started it. Then reset to my normal level.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I was able to grab a couple pics of my problem. One pic shows it set as low as I can get it, which is 19. As you can see, the “-“ is grayed out. The second pic shows it when I actually increased the volume higher than 19. As you can see, the “-“ is no longer grayed out. Also notice there is a distinct line or break at 19.

I am so confused as to why this is happening. Please help.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checking in to see if anyone has insight into this issue. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts