GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Document ID: 4861036
#17329: Safety Recall - Front Right Intermediate Drive Shaft Assembly Fractured - (Aug 29, 2017)
Subject: 17329 — Front Right Intermediate Drive Shaft Assembly Fractured
Models: 2018 Chevrolet Equinox2017–2018 GMC Acadia2018 GMC TerrainReference Number: N172117050
Release Date: August 2017
Revision: 00

Attention:

Make
Model
Model Year
RPO
Description
From
To
Chevrolet
Equinox
LTG
M3D
2.0L Engine
9-Speed Automatic Transmission
GMC
Acadia
LCV
M2D
2.5L Engine
6-Speed Automatic Transmission
GMC
Terrain
LTG
M3H
2.0L Engine
9-Speed Automatic Transmission

·
Registered
407 Posts
How do I find the build date on my 2018?

edit - Ill ask when I'm at the dealer later today to look it up. Ill ask if they know anything about this yet. I checked on the mychev app and the recall doesn't come up for mine but it may not be loaded yet.

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
How do I find the build date on my 2018?

edit - Ill ask when I'm at the dealer later today to look it up. Ill ask if they know anything about this yet. I checked on the mychev app and the recall doesn't come up for mine but it may not be loaded yet.
On my '10, there is a sticker on the door or B pillar with the place and month/year of manufacture - not sure if it told the day. I would expect yours to be in the same location.

·
Registered
407 Posts
On my '10, there is a sticker on the door or B pillar with the place and month/year of manufacture - not sure if it told the day. I would expect yours to be in the same location.

Excellently, mine was built 3/17 so I should be safe from this recall.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Excellently, mine was built 3/17 so I should be safe from this recall.
I believe there's a website at GM to check and see if your vehicle is part of the recall. I think at this point I'm glad that they found the problem out before it spreads in a large number. It's not great that it happened but better late than never right? I just kinda thought it's weird just as the Buick Envision is in the same platform as the Nox/Terrain but it's not on the list. Unless they use different shaft.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe there's a website at GM to check and see if your vehicle is part of the recall. I think at this point I'm glad that they found the problem out before it spreads in a large number. It's not great that it happened but better late than never right? I just kinda thought it's weird just as the Buick Envision is in the same platform as the Nox/Terrain but it's not on the list. Unless they use different shaft.

The Buick Envision is made in China - perhaps it uses a high-quality Chinese part?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I believe there's a website at GM to check and see if your vehicle is part of the recall.
The Chevrolet app has an area that shows recalls too.

Reactions: vic1212
1 - 10 of 10 Posts