GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went in my garage to put something into my Denali. After I closed the door all of the interior lights faded to darkness except. the 2wd/4wd control pod in front of the armrest. I waited for a few minutes and the switches remained lit. I assume that the 10 minute timer will eventually turn the light off. I'm wondering if this is an issue or if it is normal. Can I please get some feedback from those with the new generation as to whether this is normal. I realize that feedback will be slow in coming until at least dark unless your vehicle is in a darker garage. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've noticed that the lights associated with the various controls on the center console, between the armrest and cup holders, remain lit after the overhead lights fade to dark. This has been observed in an enclosed gararge, whick goes nearly completely dark after the light on the automated opener turns off. I've never checked to see how long they stay on, but have noticed that they have turned off later in the day. My guess is that you're correct about the 10 minute timer.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I realize that feedback will be slow in coming until at least dark unless your vehicle is in a darker garage. Thank you in advance.
You should have a light sensor on top of the dash.
Cover it and do your testing.

Just a long shot but did you try your Owners Manual?

·
Registered
10,026 Posts
What is an owners manual? LOL

Reactions: kbz1960

·
Registered
134 Posts
What is an owners manual? LOL
My 2018 GMC Terrain owner's manual does not say anything about the lights for the controls on the center console, though I guess that I could have missed it. It does mention that the overhead lights witll remail illuminated for a maximum of 10 minutes after the ignition is turned off "to prevent the battery from running down." There's a similar mention for the headlamps and parking lamps. But nothing about the center console controls, which the OP was inquiring about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts