GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
There was a poster who was wondering about AC vents for the back passengers. This will please him

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The placement of those buttons is dumb. Right below the Hvac controls? Here come the lawsuits.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love the big sunroof available, the rear vents are ok I guess. I feel like there will be an even larger blind spot in the rear quarter now but like the look. Definitely would miss the moving rear seat. I have never had a problem with the nearly flat folding one now. I know most everyone is gaga over the pushbutton start but don't feel I could ever get used to the pushbutton transmission. I'm old enough to remember them from the first time around. There were reasons they went away then. Overall, I'd give the looks both inside an out a B+ to A-.

Can't wait to actually drive one. Will be interesting to see if I could get by without the 3.6 that I love so dearly.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
They should have put the push button in the steering wheel airbag location, like the Edsel !

I do like the return of the folding front passenger seat like the Vibe/Matrix.

Looks like they are copying the Nissan's C/D pillar design.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
"Push Button" dashboard transmission controls. .. . wow, innovative. :facepalm:

My first girl friend's father had that on their 1967 Plymouth station wagon . . .

It could catch on . . . :beer:

Oh geez. . . I just realized. . . . 2017 - 1967= 50 !

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
I for one think they finally fixed their first world problem. The rear air vents with controls (i hope it's with controls). I mean a lot of people on the facebook page just said meh because of the styling. But I like it honestly! I thought the pics shown looks bigger than the current gen. The only thing is that I don't know if there will be manual mode and if they're going to make brown leather on the options list just because the GMC site only shows black and titanium interior which would be a bad idea.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
vic1212 said:
The only thing is that I don't know if there will be manual mode - - - -
The only "Manual Mode" it will have is the + and - buttons next to the " L " button. You can see them in one of the pictures and also it is mentioned in one article.

And that wouldn't be very accessible hunching and leaning over to try and "shift" while steering. Those buttons are probably more for selecting a top gear if towing or going up/down long steep grades.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The ECO Diesel is projected to get 5.8litters/100KM

Thats from the GM website

·
Registered
5,387 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
vic1212 said:
Welp..... not sure what to get now. This or the Envision lol
Well.. . . . if things haven't changed . . . the Envision is still being made in China.

I'd sooner go with Canada then China.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vic1212 said:
Welp..... not sure what to get now. This or the Envision lol
or wait until Chevy introduces it's version of the Acadia. Chevy announced a year ago, plans to build a 3 row crossover that would fit between Equinox and Traverse. Plan on it being about the size of the new Acadia and come out of the Lansing Delta Township plant.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Omg I hate it so much. The grille reminds me of dodge and their huge grilles. That huge DRL just looks out of place. And the gear selector looks more annoying than that godawful twist knob on the dodge ram. At least they made the fender wells slightly more round finally lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
Initial reaction is I'm not a big fan of this look. Seems like they took the back side windows from Nissan Maurano and the taillights from the newest Volvos. The grill seems too large to me and I'm not sure about that "signature" lighting around the headlights. It all just seems awkward to me. But I've always liked to wait until I see a vehicle in person to pass final judgement. We'll see...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts