GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018Equinox Premier which has a wireless charging pad. I have an iPhone 8 and it will not charge my phone. On the internet at various sites the word is that the unit installed by GM in these cars is not compatible with iPhone 8, 8 Plus, 10 and 10 Plus. The consensus on a fix is to change out a Gen I charging unit, replacing it with a Gen II unit. Apparently Apple did not certify the GM Gen I units, thus they don't work with my iPhone 8.
Anyway I bought a Gen II charging device OEM replacement and want to know if anyone has experienced the same problem and figured out how to change the Gen I out for a Gen II charging device. U Tube video's show how to do it with console mounted charging units on top door of storage unit, easy to get to, but not how to do it for the Equinox in the lower front of the console. It seems to be under the console up front, but need to know how to take the console apart to get to the underside where the Gen I charging unit is mounted. Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue, Iphone X won't charge so I guess I'll probably go down the same path.
I've seen YouTube videos for replacing the centre mounted chargers and I found a couple of older videos with the front console being removed on an '06 and a '16 Equinox.

The method should be similar I would hope, just have to do it with plenty of caution, and plastic trim tools!! No prying with screwdrivers...☺

·
Registered
956 Posts
Anyway I bought a Gen II charging device OEM replacement and want to know if anyone has experienced the same problem and figured out how to change the Gen I out for a Gen II charging device. .
Another member here has a thread with instructions and pictures.

I'll see if I can find the thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts