GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone else had the problem of radio volume not getting loud past 20 or so even when the indicator keeps going to what appears to be 60? I've checked every setting and nothing seems to work. 20 is decent level but sometimes want to have it louder to get block out external noise. It seems almost like it has some type of block on it that won't let it go past that level. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
2 Posts
In a nutshell, pull fuses F41 & F42 on the interior fuse block, wait about 30 seconds, plug fuses back in and everything should be reset to normal. Just about blew me out of the car once fixed!

·
Registered
53 Posts
ALL... THIS IS NOT NOT NOT a SETTINGS ISSUE!

I was able to resolve my volume limit issue by starting a navigation on Apple Map App, then plugged the USB/Lightning Bolt cable in to initiate Car Play. The volume of the Map App voice went from the v20 to some other higher level almost immediately.
This worked for my 2018 Terrain. Easy Fix. Thanks

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,996 Posts
Just a warning to some of you younger people here: I routinely listened to my 70’s and 80’s music with high volume, and today I’m paying the price! No hearing aids (yet), but I definitely have suffered some hearing damage as a result. They say over 70db for prolonged period of time can start to damage hearing. Auto radios should come with built-in dB-level indicators!

So ... seriously - I’d try to minimize the loud music in the car, and save yourself (and everybody around you) a lot of trouble down the road ...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just a warning to some of you younger people here: I routinely listened to my 70’s and 80’s music with high volume, and today I’m paying the price! No hearing aids (yet), but I definitely have suffered some hearing damage as a result. They say over 70db for prolonged period of time can start to damage hearing. Auto radios should come with built-in dB-level indicators!

So ... seriously - I’d try to minimize the loud music in the car, and save yourself (and everybody around you) a lot of trouble down the road ...
From the hearing aid commercial, ''she said condoms Charlie, did your bring the condoms ? '' :p

• Haha
Reactions: garagerog
21 - 25 of 25 Posts