GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had the problem of radio volume not getting loud past 20 or so even when the indicator keeps going to what appears to be 60? I've checked every setting and nothing seems to work. 20 is decent level but sometimes want to have it louder to get block out external noise. It seems almost like it has some type of block on it that won't let it go past that level. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
958 Posts
I haven't experienced that. Mine continues to get loud as I increase the level indicated.

Maybe there's something tied to the "parental controls"? Ford has an advertisement where the teenager complains that there's something wrong with the radio because the volume control won't go above a certain level. Maybe the Equinox has something similar? (I don't have youngsters at home any more so parental controls aren't something I've dug into.)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Maybe there's something tied to the "parental controls"?
I started to look for that today in settings and did not find anything. I'll look again tomorrow.
I also did not see a number when I adjust the volume.
Are others seeing a number as they turn up the volume?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Sounds like you have a max setting in place.
There's a setting for Auto Volume, but I figured that adjusted the volume when you come to a stop.
Try turning Auto Volume off and see if it helps.

Auto Volume
This feature automatically adjusts
the radio volume to compensate for
road and wind noise.
The level of volume compensation
can be selected, or the feature can
be turned off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sfj1970... I just fixed mine! I turned the volume all the way up on my cell, turned on a song via Amazon Music (just to keep a constant sound playing), then plugged my phone into my Equinox USB port. That worked, even after I unplugged my phone.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’ve got the upgraded Bose stereo in my 2018 Terrain, no number system for the radio volume
My stereo goes very loud

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue... max volume stuck at ~20

Same problem here and no responses in this forum have been helpful. Tried USB/Amazon music trick mentioned here several times.
Auto volume is OFF
Teen max volume is all the way up.
iPhone 6S volume is all the way up in all modes.
Doesn't matter if I'm running SXM, radio, USB, BT... volume goes to 20 and stays at that level until about 40, then DECREASES slightly on the way to max 60 volume.
When activating Onstar, volume works appropriately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ALL... THIS IS NOT NOT NOT a SETTINGS ISSUE!

I was able to resolve my volume limit issue by starting a navigation on Apple Map App, then plugged the USB/Lightning Bolt cable in to initiate Car Play. The volume of the Map App voice went from the v20 to some other higher level almost immediately.

What is going on is that some App in Car Play or via Bluetooth hangs the volume at a certain level if you go offline or unplug in the middle of some kind of transition cycle (like the Map App is giving instructions and is transitioning back to a Podcast, for example... the volume raises and lowers automatically).

Anyway, it is best to just start several different Car Play apps and then connect and disconnect your phone until things are working again.

The My Link is not perfect. It often locked up in my 2015 Equinox as well. Technology is great until it isn't. ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like it's one of a couple software bugs in the new software in the 2018's when it comes to mobile phone playback. I wish they had stayed with the established info system in the 2017's. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else had the problem of radio volume not getting loud past 20 or so even when the indicator keeps going to what appears to be 60? I've checked every setting and nothing seems to work. 20 is decent level but sometimes want to have it louder to get block out external noise. It seems almost like it has some type of block on it that won't let it go past that level. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
I had the same issue! Volume wouldn’t go above 39 but the volume number could increase. I reset my radio settings and everything I could think of. I lease so I took it in. They UPDATED my software within the car. It’s kind of like when you have an iPhone and certain settings won’t work unless you update it.....
Now I don’t know if you can update your software without going into the dealership.
Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue! Volume wouldn’t go above 39 but the volume number could increase. I reset my radio settings and everything I could think of. I lease so I took it in. They UPDATED my software within the car. It’s kind of like when you have an iPhone and certain settings won’t work unless you update it.....
Now I don’t know if you can update your software without going into the dealership.
Same problem.....don't' know what to do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a bug in the system, our 18 nox did this and they relate it to having used android auto, which also didn't work well. The radio would not go above about half volume. They disconnected the battery for a minute, hooked it back up and the radio went to max volume again.

-Dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts