GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Equinox Premier TD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 10K of ownership, my cooling seats began intermittently working. While the car was still under its warranty, I must've had it looked at 3x, the final at 35K (dealer documented).
The dealer claims they can't find anything wrong. The last time, I dealt with the Service Manager, who claimed he looked for any TSBs,tested the voltage and couldn't find anything wrong. I know NOT to expect ice cool seats but I know the difference between when it was newer versus when it doesn't work. I can hear what sounds like a rush of trickling water throughout the seat back. I'm getting near the end of my maintenance contract and am wondering if I should just live with the fact that the cooling seats are a bad design. I'm not going to spend a $200 diagnostic fee and have them tell me the same thing.. nothing is wrong...although I will bring up its history when I go in for my next oil change. sigh Maybe by now something will shop up wrong, but not knowing the technical aspects of how the thing works, what do I say? You'd think the Service Writers and Mechanics should know where to look.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Do you direct the cooled air to the floor so seats do a better job of picking up the cooled air?

·
Registered
223 Posts
All the cooled seats do is pull air through the vents in the leather, there is no a/c going through them. If you hear the fan blowing then they are sucking air. You can tell this by turning them on then looking under the seat and you can feel air coming out of the fan. Also if you dont' keep the seats clean or use a leather cleaner directly on the seat you can plug up the little holes in the seat. If the fan is working try cleaning the seats with warm damp towel to remove residue for the holes . Also use a shop vac and vacuum the holes on the seat to get dust and debree out of them.

·
Registered
554 Posts
2x , they are ventilated seats not cooled.
Good post kowal joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts