GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just bought a Chevy Equinox LT, 2018 model. My understanding is that the MyLink Infotainment system comes standard with this model - however, that is not what I have. My radio shows "Chevrolet MyLink" when I boot it up, but my interface looks completely different than any other 2018 Equinox interface I've been able to locate. Any tips on how to install the correct interface? I've included images below of what appears to be the standard interface, along with what I have installed.

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
The first picture is the upgraded infotainment system in the Equinox. It was optional on the LT in 2018. The second picture is the base Equinox radio.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not sure. If it is possible, it is not going to be a simple plug and play once you get all of the necessary hardware.

·
Registered
2017 Equinox LT FWD
7 Posts
My girlfriend got the 2017. Appears to be SiriusXM mainly. No Settings option just Config. I think I also saw a Panasonic splash screen while going through it as well. Connecting USB cable makes it AUX for audio while BT for Phone settings. Was hoping to mirror or use Android Auto/Waze. I'm guessing not possible? Looks like an XM sunscription is needed to use other features.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The infotainment in the 2017 model is similar to my 2015. The factory infotainment system cannot be upgraded to Android Auto or Apple Carplay. You would have to look in to an aftermarket solution to have those functions.

For the features such as weather, movie times, gas prices, etc. those require an additional monthly charge through XM. If you don't travel a lot, they are kind of pointless. Weather is handy for weather emergencies, but the less than ideal part of the service is that it defaults to whatever XM signal repeater you are picking up. For me it can sometimes be a state over. I will then have to manually go in and select my local region for weather. Then, when you turn the car off and restart, it resets to the weather based on the XM repeater.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts