GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I own a 2018 Equinox LT, and was just wondering if I purchased the LED Tail Lamps (The ones on the Premier model), from GM, would they work on my Equinox? Or would resisters be required? I am going to inquire with my dealer, but figured this would be quicker. My plan is to ask them, and if I can, have them swap out my lights with the LED version.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
I am not sure about the feasibility, but I am pretty sure that it will be very expensive, and not worth it.

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am not sure about the feasibility, but I am pretty sure that it will be very expensive, and not worth it.
He didn't ask if it would be expensive or worth it, he asked if it would work.

That being said, you would have to have the bcm reprogrammed for the LEDs or use resistors. Also the parking lights on the hatch don't have the wiring in place, so you would need to swap out the wiring harness, or make your own.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2020 has LED lights and I was very surprised to see that only the backup lights on the hatch work. The clear lenses on each corner tail light don't even have bulbs in them that I could see.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
I don't have factory LED taillights, but from what I have seen and read, they do not have "bulbs", but have "light bars" that are illuminated by LEDs. If the corner taillights do not operate, I would suggest that you bring the car to your dealer to get it repaired while under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts