GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had this code a few times now. (Insufficient EGR Flow) Finally took to the dealer to also take care of a minor recall..

What they said is something like "you are babying the car too much, need to drive it harder". It's only after I left I started to think about that...

Makes no sense. Ok, on diesel I know one need to go on highway speed once a while to burn off soot somewhere but that's not a requirement. There's function to run a heater to do that if it doesn't detect the right speed for a while.So, now the code comes back like every week and it's getting very annoying.

Any suggestions? I might try another dealer and after that I might have to write Chevy about it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Try another dealer. This code seems to indicate a small leak somewhere or a potential issue with the EGR Cooler. Telling a customer to "drive it harder" is not fixing the problem. The good old "Italian tune-up" won't fix this issue.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Try another dealer ...most probably a real issue like carbon build up or leak or it could be
the sensor is failing. Many CEL reports i have seen on the diesel engines on this forum have been the sensors themselves failing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts