GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Equinox Premier TD
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've passed 50K (52K) and the dealer is suggesting all kinds of BG flushes; transmission, power steering, oil, etc. The owners manual differs. The dealer claims I live in a higher intensive maintenance market. After looking at a you tube consumer investigation video that dispels the the harder driving market theory, I'm confused. In the forums here, an owner mentioned dirty trans fluid at the same mileage as my Equinox, so maybe the transmission fluid flush should be done at minimum? I drive mostly higher sustained speed miles as opposed to stop and go city traffic.

If so, what is a reasonable cost for these things. Right now, the dealer offers a sliding scale discount based on the $ spent, which amounts to basically 10% ($50 off spending $500).

I just filled up @$1.89/gal at Sams Club and am averaging 36mpg using the AC a lot due to the summer heat.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I can't comment on diesel engines but on the trans. yes do the fluid change. The severe duty schedule is your friend for long life in major components. I routinely get 200k miles out of my trans. and have in my last several vehicles.
Trans. fluid in my '16 nox was black at 40k miles to my surprise. No stop/go driving either.
No flush's just drain and refills, flush's kill trans. and not GM approved even though dealers sell it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts