GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just add a sled trailer to that snow driving, that will pick up the driving ''excitement'' LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am old enough to collect Social Security. I have been racing cars since my 20s. (Driving/Racing on snow and Ice is exciting. (More so on the track with proper equipment.) It is just the Equinox Traction control and Stability Control that makes it a bit boring... but OK to be safe on the road.)
You can shut those off though!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am comfortable with 60mph travel on certain snow conditions. I've plowed mountain roads and consider myself to be moderately competent with winter driving. The 2019 Redline with the factory Hankook tires even with all 4 wheels engaged never inspired confidence. Worse yet, I got the car stuck in a dooryard in 6" of snow - it was humiliating.
We recently had Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires mounted - no snow yet to try it, but I'm hopeful.
Those hanooks are brutal in the snow. I test drove an equinox with them before settling on a terrain. It was terrifying in the snow. Even with the terrain tires I replaced them with all weather ones pretty quick since we bought in winter. They are much better.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a 18 awd diesel and have driven it in some pretty thick snow no problem. Not through rivers or rock beds but through some hilly terrain just the other day actually. Expected to hit the hills a couple times with the fascia bottom but it didnt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's more off road action with my 2018 LT AWD. Moved to NH this month and couldn't help hitting the off road trails.
This trail was pretty much a flowing river with massive rocks and the Equinox ate it for breakfast...
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Sky Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

21 - 26 of 26 Posts