GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now available for purchase are the subwoofer integration harnesses for the 2018-2019 Non-Bose systems.These harnesses make adding a subwoofer amplifier and subwoofer much simpler by working at the stock radio located under the passenger side glovebox.No cutting or splicing required for installation.

NOTE: For systems with the dual connector sets please allow 3-5 days lead time from date of purchase.

Pricing for harness types.....(Pricing is subject to change and will be updated in this thread)

Green connector(IO5-IO6)..….$40
Brown connector(IOB).....N/A
Aqua and almond (IOR)....$100
Black and dark gray(IOU-IOS-IOT)....$100

Add a PAC LP7-2 line out converter to any harness for an additional $28.This PAC unit will provide a remote turn on for your amplifier.

Contact me at [email protected] for payment information or any inquiries.

http://youtu.be/kII-tDrnJ7I

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a video that a customer of mine made installing the harness.He has the black and gray dual connector set and is using an Audiocontrol LC2i. He mentions in the video about referring to my video regarding how the connectors work.The video below this top one is the video he is referring to.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
If you have the black and gray dual connector set then I offer an alternative cheaper option.This harness will work at the ANC module.

The difference is that your ANC system will have to be disabled and this harness will come with an additional adapter that will disable the ANC system.

The benefit of using the black and gray set at the radio is that your ANC system stays perfectly in tact while using the ANC module harness requires you to disable the ANC system.

Price for the ANC module harness and microphone bypass adapter is currently $50 and that includes shipping in the US.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am now offering these harnesses with an attached Audiocontrol lc2i as an alternative to the PAC-LP7 for an additional $100.00.Wire leads will be attached to the harness and Audiocontrol unit for your convenience,simple plug-n-play.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am now offering these harnesses with an attached Audiocontrol lc2i as an alternative to the PAC-LP7 for an additional $100.00.Wire leads will be attached to the harness and Audiocontrol unit for your convenience,simple plug-n-play.

does the factory bluetooth still work for phone calls and audio streaming ? this is meaning all of you’re harness’s not just this one specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

does the factory bluetooth still work for phone calls and audio streaming ? this is meaning all of you’re harness’s not just this one specifically.

Yes,all factory functions remain in tact when using any of my harnesses.

·
Registered
531 Posts

does it throw any codes for anc not functioning? and if it does does it set the check engine light? or is it a hidden code.... it’s a real shame we even have to do this, 3 mins with a scan tool and a tech could disable anc but nobody is willing to do it...i’ve done things like this on chrysler’s with the factory scan tool, no access to a gm one tho. i give you credit for making the harness... a lot of people, myself included want a plug and play option.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

does it throw any codes for anc not functioning? and if it does does it set the check engine light? or is it a hidden code.... it’s a real shame we even have to do this, 3 mins with a scan tool and a tech could disable anc but nobody is willing to do it...i’ve done things like this on chrysler’s with the factory scan tool, no access to a gm one tho. i give you credit for making the harness... a lot of people, myself included want a plug and play option.

Haven't had any customers complain of getting any codes.Keep in mind that the only Non-Bose harnesses which disable ANC are for the IOR system(aqua and almond connectors).The other Non-Bose systems retain the full functionality of the ANC system so the customer gets the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Haven't had any customers complain of getting any codes.Keep in mind that the only Non-Bose harnesses which disable ANC are for the IOR system(aqua and almond connectors).The other Non-Bose systems retain the full functionality of the ANC system so the customer gets the best of both worlds.

oh i misunderstood the post then, mine has option code io5 and i was wanting this specifically do disable anc. it seems like people complaining that aftermarket subwoofers cause a lot of feedback with anc still hooked up? and the only other way to disable it is to cut microphone wires which i do i not want to do

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

oh i misunderstood the post then, mine has option code io5 and i was wanting this specifically do disable anc. it seems like people complaining that aftermarket subwoofers cause a lot of feedback with anc still hooked up? and the only other way to disable it is to cut microphone wires which i do i not want to do

ANC remains fully in tact and does not cause interference with the IO5 system using my harness.I capture the audio signal in the correct spot as where most people capture the signal after it has been through the ANC module so the signal they're sending into their amplifier is tainted with ANC cancellation waves,hence the buzzing and weird humming.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
These harnesses do work on the 2020's

Current pricing on these are as follows:

Green connector(IO5-IO6)...........$48.00
Brown connector(IOB)...............$82.00
Dual aqua and almond(IOR).......$115.00
Dual black and gray (IOS-IOT-IOU)....$115.00

Optional line converters below are attached to main harness with solder and heat shrink tubing,taped up in cloth Tesa for an OEM look.Any of these converters will also provide you with a remote turn on wire for your amplifier.

Add a PAC-LP72............$28.00
Add a Scosche LOC2SL(comes with dash mountable sub level control knob).....$30.00
Add an Audiocontrol LC2i.........$100.00

All harnesses come with 6-12inches of wire leads that run from harness to line converter depending on which unit you purchase.I do offer to extend the wire leads as long as you'd like for $5.00 per ft.

To purchase or inquire contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the harness that I received from AIS and it works great with no issues so far. John installed line level rca's which I hooked to a Kicker KXA800.5 amplifier and I get clean sound. I also replaced all of my stock speakers, Massive Audio MX3's in the dash corners (required modification), Kicker 43DSC69304's in the front doors and MX65's in the rear doors, all using metra 82-3004 6x9 and 82-3006 6.5 gm truck speaker mounting adapters and 72-5600 ford speaker wire harness adapters (same plug but red locking tab won't close). Now things sound nice in the car and will get even better once I replace my DS18 sub with a Kicker CompVX which will arrive this next week.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just installed the harness that I received from AIS and it works great with no issues so far. John installed line level rca's which I hooked to a Kicker KXA800.5 amplifier and I get clean sound. I also replaced all of my stock speakers, Massive Audio MX3's in the dash corners (required modification), Kicker 43DSC69304's in the front doors and MX65's in the rear doors, all using metra 82-3004 6x9 and 82-3006 6.5 gm truck speaker mounting adapters and 72-5600 ford speaker wire harness adapters (same plug but red locking tab won't close). Now things sound nice in the car and will get even better once I replace my DS18 sub with a Kicker CompVX which will arrive this next week.
That's great to hear Gregory,thanks for the feedback. The cool thing about your harness is that your ANC system stays in tact without having to disable it. I wasn't sure at first when I was designing these harnesses if it would work out that way.There is actually another harness that I build for your system type(IOB) that bypasses the ANC completely and works at the module in the center console.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts