GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2018 LT AWD w/2.0 turbo/9 speed...

Got it back in late December and it still only has about 1,500 miles or so.

Wife loves it, much more than the POS Lincoln Aviator SUV it replaced...smoother, quieter ride, more power, double the MPG's...etc....

Anyway, I rarely drive it, as it "hers". :wink:

I did, however, notice that either from a dead stop, or a (low speed) quick passing acceleration, the Equinox has some pretty drastic "torque steer"...

I was just wondering if others have noticed this, and/or has anyone successfully addressed the problem? I actually noticed it worst, just this past weekend, when overtaking a slow mover on a back road, and the Equinox was actually a handful for a few seconds...Enough so, that I kinda worry about the wife being in the same scenario...

Now, just to clarify, I'm a drag racer and have always had a fairly fast and/or quick "street" car, in fact my toy right now is a turbocharged 2000 Trans Am that made 634rwhp, so if this 250hp car catches me off guard, like it did/does, I can't help but worry about what happens the first time she tries to accelerate rapidly, or pass a car, or whatever...

Anyone else in this boat with me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm noticing the same thing on my 2019 2.0T Denali. It really feels like it could get out of control if you weren't careful.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My 2019 Redline 2.0 does it too. I read in a prior thread that the 2.0 AWD version doesn't have torque steer; not sure if that meant if it's equipped with AWD and it's turned on, or just equipped with it.

It's true, getting on the throttle hard will definitely get your full attention; I know it's caught me off guard a couple of times during a passing maneuver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts