GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I purchased a brand new 2017 GMC Terrain in March 2017 since then I've had this horrible pain under my thigh on my right leg. The pain goes up to my butt and back down. It got so bad that my leg was falling asleep and it was affecting the bottom part of my heal on my right leg as well. I have no problems in my left leg or left butt at all. I thought maybe because I was driving a 2009 GMC Envoy before and then switched to this that my legs were not used to the car. I've tried numerous times to adjust the seat in so many ways. The pain went away for a bit but has come back. I am not a diabetic nor do I have any pinched nerves. I feel it is the way this seat is made. Can the dealership I purchased it from, Countryside Chevrolet Buick GMC Dealership Beaver Dam, do anything about it? Thank you.:sad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been experiencing the same thing. I took a long trip a few weeks ago and spent the first night in so much pain that I couldn't sleep. I came to my 2017 Terrain from a sedan so I think this set up will take some getting used to. My nurse friend theorized that it is because I'm sitting more upright than in the sedan.
To resolve I lowered the seat as far as it would go, moved it back until I could just reach the pedals safely and made sure there was very little tilt so it didn't hit my leg behind my knee. I made subtle adjustments from there until I was comfortable. Doesn't completely solve the problem but definitely helped. Good luck.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Noticed this to some degree after trading the 2014 to the 2017 Terrain. Cruise control helps a lot when possible. I even use the rocker switch on the steering wheel to adjust speed up or down as needed on trips. Move my feet and legs around quite a bit. Sure not a fan of the new seats, look about the same but hard as a block of concrete.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hmm, no leg pain here. I'm 5' 8" if that maters. I get a lot of hip/leg pain from an old injury, but nothing new or made worse by the seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts