GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have changed the thermostat, and the coolant, the hoses are hot , both going to the heater core, it just blows clod air, the temp gauge never gets to the halfway mark, any ideas

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
My first guess is that you introduced air into the system, and you will have to burp it out. Or, maybe you got a bad replacement thermostat.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
If the hoses are hot on *both* sides of the heater core then I’d say your blend door isn’t moving to the hot air position. But that would be awfully unlikely for a 2017 model, I’d say. Can you hear any movement in the dash when you turn the heat control from cold to hot and back?

As for the engine temp not reaching mid-scale ... mine doesn’t other. It stops a line short of mid-scale IIRC.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Disconnect the neg. battery cable for a few minutes and see if blend door system resets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the hoses are hot on *both* sides of the heater core then I’d say your blend door isn’t moving to the hot air position. But that would be awfully unlikely for a 2017 model, I’d say. Can you hear any movement in the dash when you turn the heat control from cold to hot and back?

As for the engine temp not reaching mid-scale ... mine doesn’t other. It stops a line short of mid-scale IIRC.
Ok I have heat I replaced the blend door actuator. But I only have heat when the knob is turned to the cool side how do I rest the actuator on the 2017 equinox

·
Registered
554 Posts
Here's what I have for recalibration, providing actuator has been correctly installed.

Actuator Recalibration

Preferred Method (with Scan Tool)
Note: Do not operate any HVAC controls while the HVAC control module is calibrating as this may interupt the process. If interupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

Using a scan tool, perform the HVAC Actuators Learn in the HVAC Control Module.
Follow the scan tool directions to complete the procedure.
Operate the system and verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.
If DTC B101E 4B is set after attempting the actuator recalibration procedure, perform the following:
Verify which actuator does not have a scan tool learn status parameter status of complete.
Verify the unlearned actuator is physically rotating - A common cause of DTC B101E 4B is an actuator that is electrically OK but fails to physically rotate (e.g. stripped gears).
If the unlearned actuator is not physically rotating, replace the actuator, otherwise replace the HVAC control module.

Alternate Method (without Scan Tool)
Note: Do not operate any HVAC controls while the HVAC control module is calibrating as this may interupt the process. If interupted, improper HVAC performance will result.

Ignition OFF/ Vehicle OFF.
Remove the HVAC control module fuse for a minimum of 10 s.
Install the HVAC control module fuse.
Start the vehicle.
Wait 40 s for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts