GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Newbie here in the forum and my 'Nox! Just got it couple months ago and starting to make it mine. One thing I noticed is my model didnt come with fog lights. Anyone know if they're just plug n play or have to run wire harness and program the vehicle type of stuff?? Its not a big deal, but just think it would look better and also see better at night. Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Hey all! Newbie here in the forum and my 'Nox! Just got it couple months ago and starting to make it mine. One thing I noticed is my model didnt come with fog lights. Anyone know if they're just plug n play or have to run wire harness and program the vehicle type of stuff?? Its not a big deal, but just think it would look better and also see better at night. Any info is appreciated!

If you are adding fogs for looks, go for it ! But, if you are adding them to be able to see better, save your money. They add very little in visibility. Better off to put in a set of HIDs for your low beams - easier, and probably cheaper.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you are adding fogs for looks, go for it ! But, if you are adding them to be able to see better, save your money. They add very little in visibility. Better off to put in a set of HIDs for your low beams - easier, and probably cheaper.
2x I put HID in my '16 and way better low beams. My LTZ came with the fogs and they basically put out more side light and not down the road light. HID with a 4500k made the stock bulbs seem like they were only 35 watt bulbs.
Didn't even have to realign the projectors, still nice sharp well aimed beam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually did swap out the stock bulbs and put in 6k LEDs and that's a night and day difference!! The fogs were mainly just to fill that blank spot on the front but if it's that much hassle, NEVERMIND!! My LEDs work just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts