GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 1.75" leveling kit for my 2017 Equinox. I couldn't find a single thing about how to install it, and support never returns calls. They're just supposed to be a bolt in kit, but there doesn't seem to be a way to fit the spacers anywhere. Only the thin plate has bolt holes that line up with the front strut mounting holes. It wouldn't seem I should have to install it inside of the strut assembly anywhere, and I can't see how it would do any good inside the strut assembly anyways. Has anybody ever installed one? Please help.
20210116_174012.jpg
20210116_173928.jpg
20210116_173909.jpg

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
First time that I have seen this kit.
Make sure you get a 4 wheel alignment after it is installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For sure. Thank you. I had planed on that. Just need to figure out how to install it. There doesn't seem to be any logical way to fit it together.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Try calling them at 888-660-5892 or [email protected]

There are several youtube videos by the owner of the company, Greg Pilling

·
Registered
5 Posts
The large spacer goes under the strut hat in the front. You have to compress the spring, remove the hat, install the spacer and re-assemble the strut. The 1/2" plate is then placed on top of the hat and the strut reinstalled. I went the shorter way and used 3 plates on each side with longer bolts instead of breaking down the strut. Get a set of camber bolts to replace the top bolt on the lower mount when you reassemble everything, it'll save time and some money later when you do the alignment

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The large spacer goes under the strut hat in the front. You have to compress the spring, remove the hat, install the spacer and re-assemble the strut. The 1/2" plate is then placed on top of the hat and the strut reinstalled. I went the shorter way and used 3 plates on each side with longer bolts instead of breaking down the strut. Get a set of camber bolts to replace the top bolt on the lower mount when you reassemble everything, it'll save time and some money later when you do the alignment
Thanks Mike👍🏼. How long ago did you put your configuration in? Do you take it offroad? How does it handle?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put it in last fall, mainly looking for a little more ground clearance for winter. Seeing how my first storm was 30" of snow, guess it was good timing. Don't do any big off road, but dirt and camp roads pretty often, and now pothole season is upon us in the northeast too. Still handles and rides like factory but looks better without that front rake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's awesome. I've had mine on crazy mountain roads already, with just steel 17s and stock sized BFG AT tires. I still haven't made any suspension modifications yet. A little more clearance would be awesome though. I thought the max in the front above the strut mount was 1/2" just because of the strain on the trans axles. Have you noticed any big change in fuel economy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts