GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a used set of studded winter tires & wheels locally, from someone who recently traded in his '17 AWD Equinox LT.

I was hoping someone here could tell me if they will fit on my 2010 AWD Equinox LT?

Many thanks in advance...

·
Registered
568 Posts
If the wheels are OEM wheels, they should fit. 2010 and 2017 have the same bolt pattern and center bore.

If they are aftermarket wheels that were used for winter, you would just want to make sure the bolt pattern is correct and any required hub centric rings to account for any differences in center bore are included.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The wheels are listed as "MGA" aftermarket wheels, so I'll have to double check for the hub centric rings. View attachment 18017
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Locking hubs
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Locking hubs

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes, they look like Voxx MGA. The center bore is most likely 72.56. The Equinox has a 66.9 center bore. Hopefully the centering rings, if the prior owner was using centering rings, are already on the wheels. Otherwise, you should be able to get a set of plastic ones for $20 or so.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! Thanks a lot for your very informative reply! I couldn't get this type of information from my local Chevrolet Service Manager.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,996 Posts
@MochaNox : Wow! You’re a pretty resourceful person! Got a 2010 3.0L V6 Nox with only 59K miles on it, and now a set of studded takeoffs for it! Good job!

I assume you’re not the original owner of your Nox?

@arcee : plastic centering rings?? I’m not a wheel “connoisseur“, but - they make them out of plastic??

·
Registered
568 Posts
Centering rings are usually either plastic or aluminum. The aluminum ones are anywhere from $60-$100. Plastic ones are $20.

Aluminum is obviously better, but if someone needs rings quickly the plastic ones will work for a while. I wouldn't run plastic rings as a permanent solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My bad, I need to update my mileage :oops: I just turned 70K. I bought this car from a dealership on a trade-in last November. I'm at the point where I'd need to replace the all seasons that I got it with (Cooper CS3's) or go with a dedicated snow tire. I was fortunate to find this set on Craigslist very local, and a nice guy to deal with.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,996 Posts
My bad, I need to update my mileage :oops: I just turned 70K. I bought this car from a dealership on a trade-in last November.
Even 70k ... that’s low miles! So you traded in a car to buy this one? Hope you got a good deal on it...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yeah, 70k isn't much on todays vehicles. Well maintained vehicles can go 2-300k now a days.
200-300K might be a bit optimistic. My Equinox will be rusted out well before that mileage. Had I not crawled under it recently to change the rear diff fluid, I never would have seen that my lower rear control arms were rusting out and needed to be replaced. 62,000 miles on the odometer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts