GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody confirm if there is a fuse in the panel?

Manual says slot #7 is supposed to be the Noise Cancellation - but when I checked the box - nothing was in the fuse slot

Can any of you confirm for me?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I don't think disabling the ANC on these is as simple as pulling a fuse.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ralphalph said:
I don't think disabling the ANC on these is as simple as pulling a fuse.
It is on the earlier models. (So I've read)

But for some reason - When I went to pull it - the fuse wasn't even there

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Default User said:
Can anybody confirm if there is a fuse in the panel?

Manual says slot #7 is supposed to be the Noise Cancellation - but when I checked the box - nothing was in the fuse slot

Can any of you confirm for me?
There has been several posts on the forum about the wiring has changed in 2016-2017, particularly in the radio.
Anyone with wiring diagrams yet??

Even in the 2013-2014 ANC there were changes.
See link below.

http://gm.oemdtc.com/7162/pi1189-information-on-active-noise-cancellation-anc-microphone-change-and-identification-guide-2010-2014-chevrolet-equinox-gmc-terrain

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rednox301 said:
There has been several posts on the forum about the wiring has changed in 2016-2017, particularly in the radio.
Anyone with wiring diagrams yet??

Even in the 2013-2014 ANC there were changes.
See link below.

http://gm.oemdtc.com/7162/pi1189-information-on-active-noise-cancellation-anc-microphone-change-and-identification-guide-2010-2014-chevrolet-equinox-gmc-terrain
I knew about the change
Just surprised there's no fuse in the slot, even though the manual specifies a location

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem, New ground, new power, new remote and straight run on rca's. Same problerm... No fuse in #7. I grabbed the signal pre-amplifier and it works great. Tan/white and Dk. green +/- and Lt.green/white and Orange/black +/- Front door signals btw

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 4 cylinder 2017 ( and maybe the 2016 ) standard 5 speaker system is much different than the earlier years. There is no separate ANC module. The ANC is built into the amplifier. The rear speakers are directly driven by the radio. The front speakers and the subwoofer are driven by the amp. Power to the amp is via fuse 31 ( a 30 amp fuse )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts