GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while driving home my A/C quit blowing cold. I also noticed the temp gauge was staying on cold, not moving at all. When I was home and turned it off, the fan stayed running for 4-5 minutes. Went to bed and tried again this morning thinking it was a glitch. It’s still doing the same thing. Temp gauge stays on C, hot A/C and fan staying running after turning off. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is the check light engine on? Have you checked the coolant level in the reservoir ? Can you tell if the engine is overheating? If all the above are ok then you might have a coolant temperature sensor and/or coolant temperature sensor circuit problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of those things are fine! That’s what our guess is. Now, can anyone tell me where it is located? I’ve searched online but can’t find any advise specifically for the 16 Terrain.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
A stuck thermostat would give you these conditions.
What engine do you have, 2.4L or 3.6L V-6?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing... 2016 GMC Terrain SLT 4dr SUV (2.41 6A). AC blows hot, check engine light is on and temperature gauge is on cold. Help!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Interesting that all of the posters in this thread with this problem have a 2016 GMC.
When GM made the refresh in 2016-2017 they changed quite a few things.
Still waiting for someone to say if they have a 2.4L 4cyl or 3.6L V-6.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Mine is the 4 cylinder
The reason I ask is I have seen the exact problem on the Acadia Forum with the same symptoms.
The consensus of the posters say a new coolant temp sensor will fix the problem.
The Acadia only comes with the V-6 so more research is needed there.

In any case, a new coolant temp sensor still is the successful repair.

Reactions: John04VUE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts