GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of the 2016 Terrain's grille, but I'm obviously not going to trade in my (running perfectly) 2010 Terrain with only 40,000 miles on it just for a grille change. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if the 2016 grille will fit on a 2010 Terrain? Only by looking at pics, the grilles of the two generations look to be the same shape, but the bumper area is now different. So it looks like it should work, but I need to know for sure.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Here is the grille I'm talking about:
http://www.gmc.com/accessories.html?s_tnt=363208:1:0#
OEM part 23372588

EDIT:
I can't get the link to work correctly, so I'm just going to upload a screenshot of the webpage.
NOTE: Under Product compatibility, it only lists the 2016 model. I'm still wondering if despite this, the grille may fit the 2010.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn, but thank you. They look very similar in pictures.

Does anyone know where to get a grille (or overlay) that WILL fit my 2010, but look very similar? The attachment is a picture of something that I was thinking about getting, but then cutting out the center mesh areas, leaving only the chrome trim. The only issue is that after cutting, you're left with areas that will be discolored due to the cutting and sanding.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
NT--

There are lots of posts here on grill overlays/inserts that folks have installed on their pre-2016 Terrains over the years. I have a T-Rex billet grill on my 15 that I originally installed on my 2010 Terrain. Just about every style and manufacturer has been posted with install instructions/pics/issues. I posted on the install under my old Islander (no 2) name way back in 2010 and remember lots of others who installed different makes. Look around and I'm sure you'll find lots of info on several different ideas. Good luck on your quest!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts