GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
It looks like just the lights and bumper have changed shapes, and that it might be possible to graph a new bumper on an old Equinox.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
TommyH4 said:
It looks like just the lights and bumper have changed shapes, and that it might be possible to graph a new bumper on an old Equinox.
Nah - new bumper would not be needed - just a couple rolls of duct tape, and a few gallons of Bondo. :confused:

I like the new look. It is about time. Still wish this wasn't a "band-aid" remodel, and they introduced the new platform.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i just hope they ditch the 2.4 and put the 2.5 in. i just cant beleive how noisy my 2.4 is. my 3.6 impala i had was so smooth i could not hear it running. this sounds like a 10 year old car

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
you wouldnt want the 3.6 in the Nox?

·
Registered
126 Posts
gopedxr7 said:
i just hope they ditch the 2.4 and put the 2.5 in. i just cant beleive how noisy my 2.4 is. my 3.6 impala i had was so smooth i could not hear it running. this sounds like a 10 year old car
I said it before and I'll say it again, I would probably trade in my 13 terrain for 16 with the 2.5, that engine is literally night and day compared to the 2.4. But someone on here said that won't be happening.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
majicb said:
I said it before and I'll say it again, I would probably trade in my 13 terrain for 16 with the 2.5, that engine is literally night and day compared to the 2.4. But someone on here said that won't be happening.
The 2016 is just a refresh of the current Equinox. No engine change is planned. This is merely a front end fascia change with some different fog lights, headlights, and some associated exterior cosmetics. Reportedly, the inside will also see some changes, but no major improvements.

All the new stuff including 2, or maybe, even 3 eventual four cylinder engine choices will happen in late 2016 or early 2017. GM is making lots of cash on the Equinox. Sales are reportedly up about 34% last month over January of 2014.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I'd like to see a V8 option.. and some true SS badges on it.. Or the 3.6 supercharged.. bring back a Typhoon and Cyclone 2..lol. Styles are suppose to come back every 20yrs.. aren't they.. that's what all the cool kids say.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Davek said:
I'd like to see a V8 option.. and some true SS badges on it.. Or the 3.6 supercharged.. bring back a Typhoon and Cyclone 2..lol. Styles are suppose to come back every 20yrs.. aren't they.. that's what all the cool kids say.
I heard that the V8 will be available with the LSEE (Leisure Suit Edition Equinox). LOL

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
A V8 is not going to happen as the present model it too heavy and no one would pay the price in a Chevy or GMC. You would be pushing $50K. This is just not a performance model and the AWD is just not that strong.

The photos are out of the nose and while changed it is not a major change.

I see this model going to lese fleets once the new model arrives and the new nose will help this transition and also help sales for year till a new one arrives. This was the same move they made on the Cruze.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Okay so no V8.. too expensive I guess.. but the supercharger for the 6 would be great. So beef up the drive train a little. Offer a preformance package like that. The last SS were the HHR and the Trailblazer.. okay so the Nox was called a sport. But I seriously think they would sell quite a few units if it was offered. With the scene for kids as far as suing up,lowering,ect. That would draw in more sales. Even supercharge may even bring up mpg if driven reasonably. I was merely saying it is time again for a performance vehicle on this platform. Instead of me going to go buy a Typhoon and restore it.. I could buy a newer better version...that's all. Seeing the photos of the new design of the Equinox... the rims they have on the photos... ugly.. they look like pinwheels. But the new design of the front and rear lights looks nice. Cannot wait to see the pictures of the Terrain.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Well, not to mention, the engine bay on the current Theta models is pretty tight with a 3.6L V6 squeezed in there. In a new platform with downsized space, not gonna happen.

The super charger might be an option, but not likely. I see an NA 4 cylinder such as the 2.5L or derivative, and also a turbo version of sorts. There was some discussion of a 3rd engine option for the newer D2xx platform, but that may be limited to Euro models.

Look for at least a turbo I-4 with 240 to 270HP as an option or perhaps something more in the Terrain, which is reportedly NOT to be on the D2xx platform or, at least, a stretched version of that.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The roster of new and updated features available on the 2016 Equinox includes:

New trim lineup: L, LS, LT and LTZ, a streamlining of the model lineup that eliminates the 1LT and 2LT trims.
New front fascia and chrome-accented dual-port grille design – including specific chrome trim on LT and LTZ grilles
New, premium projector-beam headlamps on all models helps make the Equinox more visible at night
New daytime running lamps on LT and LTZ, with reflector-style lamps on L and LS, and light-emitting diode, (LED) lamps on LT and LTZ that create a distinctive, upscale lighting signature
New fog lamps on LTZ
New, Chevy-signature dual-element taillamps, revised license plate applique and revised lower rear fascia on all models, with chrome trim on LTZ lower fascia
New 17-inch aluminum wheels on LT and new 18-inch aluminum wheels on LTZ
New available 17-inch wheel optional on LS model
New chrome exhaust outlets on V-6 models
Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on LT and LTZ
Standard seven-inch-diagonal Color Touch radio (including Bluetooth phone connectivity) and rear-vision camera on L and LS models
Revised instrument panel “center stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
New, chrome-trimmed transmission shifter with Electronic Range Selector mode buttons relocated to the top of the shifter handle
Enhanced interior fabrics in L and LS designed for a premium look and feel
New Saddle Up interior color
New universal tablet holders available through dealers from Chevrolet Accessories. They mount on the rear of the front seats to provide convenient access for rear-seat passengers.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
rbarrios said:
The roster of new and updated features available on the 2016 Equinox includes:

New trim lineup: L, LS, LT and LTZ, a streamlining of the model lineup that eliminates the 1LT and 2LT trims.
New front fascia and chrome-accented dual-port grille design – including specific chrome trim on LT and LTZ grilles
New, premium projector-beam headlamps on all models helps make the Equinox more visible at night
New daytime running lamps on LT and LTZ, with reflector-style lamps on L and LS, and light-emitting diode, (LED) lamps on LT and LTZ that create a distinctive, upscale lighting signature
New fog lamps on LTZ
New, Chevy-signature dual-element taillamps, revised license plate applique and revised lower rear fascia on all models, with chrome trim on LTZ lower fascia
New 17-inch aluminum wheels on LT and new 18-inch aluminum wheels on LTZ
New available 17-inch wheel optional on LS model
New chrome exhaust outlets on V-6 models
Available Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert safety features on LT and LTZ
Standard seven-inch-diagonal Color Touch radio (including Bluetooth phone connectivity) and rear-vision camera on L and LS models
Revised instrument panel “center stack” with new storage shelf and updated control graphics
New, chrome-trimmed transmission shifter with Electronic Range Selector mode buttons relocated to the top of the shifter handle
Enhanced interior fabrics in L and LS designed for a premium look and feel
New Saddle Up interior color
New universal tablet holders available through dealers from Chevrolet Accessories. They mount on the rear of the front seats to provide convenient access for rear-seat passengers.
Awesome update rbarrios! But please share something about the upcoming Terrain?? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
dont know- about terrain-- have not seen info.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Rit said:
I heard that the V8 will be available with the LSEE (Leisure Suit Edition Equinox). LOL
Definitely something I would opt for!!
GM was able to put a V8 in a FWD SS Impala, and it didn't run up to $50k.
I'd sure like to see something like a LT1 6.2 V8 in there. Remember, this is only for the LSEE trim! 8)

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
A V8 ain't gonna happen guys. Unless you are Jay Leno or Tool-Time-Tim....

Liking the rear tail light changes and especially the new twin dual exhaust trims. The front looks good too as I expected.
Wondering what options might be absent from the LT trim and now available only on LTZ models? When they had LT1 and LT2 you could option one out almost the same as an LTZ for about $400 less. . at least this year. For that matter, while there will be new lower prices on the L models, I wonder how much more LT and LTZ will be? We shall see.

Overall, a nice appearance for a refresh. It almost seems like they want to try and get 2 more model years out of the current platform. . . 2016 and 2017 with a new platform not till 2018? It has gotten awful quiet on the update info for a D2xx Equinox. I have not seen much info on it the past 2 or 3 months, where before there was the occasional leak such as the "hint" that the Buick Envision gave us. See the pic below.

Interior center stack improvements. .. that may be better, or not. It seems every time they do something with that area something doesn't "work" right for awhile. Like they eliminated the yellow guide lines on the rear camera for awhile. The button change on the shifter might be good.

I wonder if they will have ALL LED interior lighting like I do though? ;D

By moving the DRL down to the foglights using LEDs sounds like it will be easier to do HID upgrades if desired without the need a capacitor to stifle the pulsing from the BCM. The headlights should be totally separate and off during daylight hours if the DRL is handled by the foglight LEDs.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 3 year lease will be up on my 2013 on 5/16 so I guess I will lease a 2016 for 1 year instead of 3 years so I can get one (2017) with a bigger change.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wonder if the tailights on the 16' will be universal to the 14'. I like those 2016 better than the ones on there now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts